Chapter 8 ~ Ghost Story

"Keep all STRIKE personal on sight," Rumlow says.

"Understood." One of the agents say.

"Yes, sir." The other answers.

"Forensics," Rumlow tells the elevator.

"Confirmed."

"Cap. Little Rogers." He addresses us. I glare at him and hide behind Steve.

"Rumlow." We address him.

The elevator door closes and we ride down. I already know something is gonna go down, but I hope Steve notices too.

"Hey Steve, I um... accidentally lost the key to my power dampening watch. Can you break it off for me?" I lie and hold up my arm with the watch on it. I see Rumlow eye me. I stick up the finger when Steve isn't looking. Steve shakes his head and breaks it off for me. "Thanks."

"Evidence response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac-team ready?" Rumlow asks like everything was normal.

"No, let's wait and see what it is first," Steve replies.

"Right."

Steve starts looking at the agents suspiciously. He's finally catching on. The elevator stops as more agents get in. The elevator starts going down again.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury. Messed up, what happened to him." Rumlow says to us. Like he's sorry for anything. For all I know he could've been the one to kill him.

"Thank you," Steve answers as I cling to him tighter. Something is gonna happen and I don't like it.

The elevator stops again, letting more agents in the elevator. Steve and I move around until we're in the middle of the elevator. Steve looks down at me giving me a 'get ready' look. We realize we're surrounded. The elevator doors close and we start to descend again.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve asks the agents. I sure wanna get out, but I'm up for a little fun.

One of the agents in front of us gets out his electric rod and tries to shock us but we move. An agent grabs me from behind and another attaches a power dampening collar on my neck, but that's fine I'll kick their asses without super speed.

The collar shocks me and I yelp in pain as I buckle to my knees. I manage to elbow an agent behind me in the groin. I stand up and kick the agent in front of me, the force of impact makes him fly back into the wall, knocking him unconscious. An agent grabs me from behind once again. I heel stomp his foot, elbow him in the stomach, then turn around sending a punch to his jaw. I buckle to my knees once again as the collar gives me another shock. I look around and see an agent with a remote in his hand, watching me intently. He must control the collar. If I can get that remote then I can take this collar off.

I make my way to him. He shocks me once again, but I manage through the pain. As I come closer I kick the remote out of his hand. I go to pick it up, but he picks me up and slams me against the wall. He gets his electric rod out, ready to zap me. I grab one of his fingers that is holding on to me and pull it back. He lets go of me and I kick him in the leg. He buckles and I send a punch to his face. Lights out bitches.

Rumlow comes up behind me and hits me with his electric rod. I scream in pain as it shocks me on my back. I slump to the floor and try my hardest to get up. I look up to see all the other agents are unconscious but Rumlow. Rumlow faces Steve.

"Whoa, big guy. I just want you to know, Cap, this ain't personal!" Rumlow says as he lunges at Steve.

I groan as I manage to get up. I grab the remote for the collar from the corner of the elevator and press the button to release it from my neck. I sigh in relief as the collar drops to the ground and I drop the remote. I look back at Steve to see him throw Rumlow to the top of the elevator and he falls back down, knocked unconscious.