Act Two- Scene Three

I apologize for the fact that this took a bit longer than I had planned, but hey, at least it ain't a three or four month long hiatus.. :P

Enjoy, children~~~

•+=*=+•

(The scene switches to a bathroom, and JEREMY runs in. JEREMY sits on the edge of the bathtub, and out of nowhere, a hand comes up from inside the tub and grabs JEREMY's arm. JEREMY panics again and jumps up, looking back to see what grabbed him. It's someone in a costume. The person takes off their mask to reveal... MICHAEL.)

"What a master of stealth," Jake comments. Michael chuckles lightly and replies, "I'm just your average ninja."

MICHAEL

Sup

JEREMY

Michael? I didn't know you were invited to this party

"Bold of you to assume I wouldn't just show up uninvited," Michael says with a slight smirk. Jeremy replies, "sneaking into a party was the last thing I thought my antisocial best friend would do."

Christine chimes in with, "oof." Michael responds, "hey! That's my line!"

MICHAEL

No, I wasn't. Which is why I'm wearing this (MICHAEL extends his arms out for JEREMY to see the full costume) clever disguise.

(A beat)

You're speechless.

"And you're sarcastic," Jenna adds. Michael looks over at her and says, "well thank you, Captain Obvious."

(MICHAEL climbs out of the tub)

SQUIP got your tongue?

"Get it? Cause the squip is a pus-" Michael starts, before Christine cuts him off, shushing him. She says, "why are you so obsessed with saying that word?"

Michael smirks at her and innocently asks, "what word, Christine?" She sighs in response, "you know what word I mean."

"Pussy?" he asks, trying not to laugh. Christine shakes her head and sighs, saying, "I'm disappointed in you, Mell." He pouts in response.

JEREMY

It's... off

"Just like how all of uth- ah wait, we're done with the thex joketh," Rich says, cutting himself off. Christine looks at him with a look that only says: "you're on thin ice."

MICHAEL

That would explain why you're talking to me. You know I was thinking about this moment, what I was gonna say to you. I had this real pissed off monologue, an epic journey through 12 YEARS of friendship-

"Pleathe share," Rich says, looking to Michael. He responds, "it's been a hot minute since I've been in that mindset. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was at least an hour long-"

(MICHAEL sees JEREMY staring at him with an odd look)

MICHAEL

What?

JEREMY

It's just really good to see you, man

(JEREMY goes to hug MICHAEL, but MICHAEL pushes him off)

"I just don't know how you felt about me during the whole squip stuff, I mean didn't you choose to block me out? But you were kind of forced..? But you were happy to see me?" Michael says, confused, his tone reflecting hints of frustration and sadness. Jeremy weakly replies, "I don't even know.. I still cared about you.. the squip, it.."