cold sand-moxiety

contains: blood and death

patton's pov

I was packing for a trip because virge wanted to go to the beach but its winter and I know it doesn't snow in florida but it gets kind of chilly. logan said that we can go but not to go into the water or we will get a cold. I pack a couple of sweaters encase we get too cold. I walk downstairs to find virgil leaning on a wall in the kitchen. he was wearing a black shirt pired with black pants and twenty one pilots jacket.

"pat you ready to go now"

"yeah lets go"

I made sure my phone was on me before we left. I had a blue shirt with a white jacket that said old navy sporting a pair of blue jeans.

we got into the car before driving away. everything is pretty good we were singing to disney songs and diving to coco beach which was pretty far.

soon we arrive to the beach we park then grab our bags and go.

both me and virge took off our shoes and socks. when our feet hit the sand it was freezing like ice cold. but we just sat on the sand and buried our feet in the sand.

sitting and talking about the pets we had when we were little kids. listening to virgil was relaxing and nice I moved closer to him before proceeding to lay my head on his shoulder. I dozed off for a little but then I woke and told him that I don't like to sleep on the beach.

we get in the car and start the engine waiting for it to warm up. all I could hear was virgil's laugh before I fall asleep then I was woken up by screams and a crash. the car flips one time on its head virgil's door is smash on his body. tears surface to my eyes I can't move.

I shake virgil but he looks at me before coughing up blood.I unbuckle myself and then move to him I couldn't move him out of the seat. I grab my phone and call 911

"911 what's your emergency"

" HELP PLEASE HELP"

"please calm down if I can get your location I will send an ambulance over."

"I'm on a highway near coco beach PLEASE COME FAST ON CAPE CANAVERAL"

"ok sending police and medics your way. please stay on the phone and tell me what you see."

" I see my boy..friend sitting and breathing s-s-slow" my voice was breaking up and sobs left my mouth.

I kept hyperventilating before I knew it I passed out and when I woke up it was in a hospital bed.

the nurse calls the doctor and tells me to not move she explains that I got in a car accident. she goes on to say that my torso had large cuts that went from my shoulders all the way to my waist.

" what a-about my boyfriend"

"sorry for your lost but he is gone"

tears fall from my eyes please no god you can't you you can't HAVE HIM PLEASE GIVE HIM BACK TO ME

I curled up in a ball and cried the doctor then came in and said that I was free to leave but could see my boyfriend before I go. he handed me clothes that logan had brought a letter from logan. the doctor leaves along with the nurse I go into the bathroom changing into the new clothes then I read the letter

dear patton

listen I don't know what happened but please if you get the chance call or text me and roman. we're worried about you and tell us about virgil as well me and roman had to go to work as some as you guys left.

my tears drop onto the paper making it wet. virgil is gone how could I live how can I go on.

I wet my face with cold water before walking down to the front to check out and visit virgil. they gave me his room number, I get to his room door I knock and a nurse lets me in.

I look at the nurse before moving pass him to see my boyfriend the nurse said he was going to stand outside the door.

"v-virge p-please please wake up stop playing games p-please."

my hand wraps around his hand. his hand was still warm but I knew it would go cold soon. I pick his hand up and place it near my forehead because kissing him goodbye.

I call logan

"patton are you and virgil ok?"

"I'm o-ok b-but virgil i-is gone"

my hand moves over my mouth. tears that I was holding back started to resurface.

"c-could you c-come pick me up please"

"sure I well be down there just keep talking patton. w-what was virgil like when you went to the beach"

"h-he was h-happy even i-if the sand was c-cold, he still kept a smile on his face"

logan came and picked me up I cried in the car going home.

I remember the day like it was yesterday but I back on my feet now and live alone logan and roman still visit me from time to time but I still think about you every night virgil wishing you were here and not gone but you will always be in my heart

my love I will go when the time comes so please wait for me