1

Maybe I shouldn't have been born?...

I wouldn't have to go through this mess If I didn't exist.

Maybe. Just maybe.
I wouldn't meet him.

It was a cold January morning, a few days after my birthday on the 11th. I turned four. Quickly learning I was nothing but a money maker for my parents. Of course I didn't know that, until I learned the cold truth.

I was sold to a Man that goes by the name of Endeavour, or better yet Todoroki Enji. The second top pro hero, the flame hero. And that was how I meet his son, Todoroki Shoto.
The one I was forced to marry at the young age of 13.

We weren't bound together by love or adoration, something more like... money... or business. Our feelings weren't taken into consideration, only the amount of zeros on the check that got handed to my mother on that fateful day. I even remember the exact words that got shared between the two parents.

"You may take your leave."
Endeavour spoke with a harsh tone,
While handing over the small slip of paper.

"It was a pleasure doing Business with you."
Mother spoke in a hushed tone, she didn't want to even look me in the eyes. Maybe I was a shame to the family. I never knew, until she left me. And never came back.

Ever since then, I've been forced to sleep with the one I was told to love. I was made to be the perfect mother to my future children I would be forced to bare, again.. I didn't know this until recently. Recently when we both turned 15.

I woke to soft rays of sun filtering through the window next to me, I shuffle out of the uncomfortably hot blanket only to be greeted by the usual cold air. Damn you Todoroki.

His sleeping form lay unconscious next to me, his soft locks covering his eyes. The sun making his face glow like the god he was. It was undeniable. Ever since I met him, I fell for his cold demeanour, His icy gaze, and rude way of speaking to me.
I didn't know what these feelings were until I caved and asked the only person I could trust besides Shoto, Fuyumi. His older sister.

She told me that I was experiencing something called...love. It sounds ridiculous honestly, something out of a fantasy book. Something not real.
In confusion, I asked her the same question.

"Fuyumi? Have you ever felt love before?"
I asked, it was a simple question yet she struggled to answer.

"Yes... I have. But that was a long time ago, a time when you weren't here."

I remember she wore a solemn smile, clearly reminiscing about something I would never understand. So I shook that feeling off and carried on with my day, besides... how could he ever love someone like me?

I trained relentlessly, utilising my quirk to the fullest. I was changing myself for him. I making myself better for him. I was determined to be someone he would love. But of course who would love someone like me.

He told it to my face, saying I was nothing but a waste of space. Someone not worthy of being in his presence.

Why? Why would he say that? I made myself prettier by wearing makeup up, dressing up for him, becoming strong for him. But nothing could fit his standard.

I tried. I tried so hard.
But nothing could fix what he had said. Nothing could fix what I had become.

I was a fool in love.