Prompt 3

"It has always been you"

"Don't play dumb with me, Neji Hyuga. I saw you out in the village with another girl. So, confess. Who is she?" Mad didn't even begin to describe how Tenten was feeling in that moment.

"I told you already, she's no one." Neji was frustrated, mostly at himself. He should have been more careful.

"I swear, if you've got a side woman, I will kick your butt so hard Neji."

Neji sighed and rubbed his temple in exasperation. "I don't know what else I can tell you, Tenten."

"The truth would be a good start!"

Oh, if only he hadn't been caught by Tenten, of all people. "Why would I need another woman in my life when I have you?"

Tenten shot him an answering glare. "You tell me."

"Look, Tenten." This was not how Neji wanted to bring this up, but it seemed he had no choice. "Do you really want to know who she is?"

"No-duh! It's only what I've been trying to get out of you for the last ten minutes!"

Well, Neji thought, here goes. "That lady is the owner of a jewellery store. We were walking together because she needed someone's help in customising a piece of jewellery she was making."

"That doesn't tell me why you were there, Neji. What do you have to do with a jewellery store owner?"

"Because the customer she was working for was me." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. "She had never made anything like it before and wanted to get help with the finishing touches from a colleague of hers. I went with her because she said it would be ready today."

Tenten stared at the box in front of her, bewildered. Neji waved it in front of her, indicating for her to take it.

"I was going to give it to you tomorrow night during our anniversary, but I suppose now is as good a time as any."

Tenten gasped; it was beautiful. The delicate necklace shined in the sunlight and she laughed at the object at the end of the gold chain. A mini gold kunai stared up at her, the hilt gilded with tiny aquamarine gems.

"Neji, I had no idea!"

"Obviously." He replied, rolling his eyes. "I can't believe you even suspected me Tenten. We've been married for three years now."

"I know. I'm sorry Neji." Tenten replied with a wince. "Can I blame it on the baby brain?" She asked, smiling at him.

Neji's return smile was soft. "You blame everything on the baby brain." He took her hand and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her. "I love you. It has only ever been you, dummy, and it will continue to only be you. I don't need another woman in my life when I already have my soulmate."

Tears of joy pricked at Tenten's eyes. Damn, she loved him. "I know Neji. I love you too. Always and forever."

~~~

FLUFF! FLUFF EVERYWHERE!

In case you weren't aware, Tenten was born in March and aquamarine is March's birthstone.

Rates and reviews are loved. <3