Prompt 6

"Can I kiss you?"

Tenten had never been confessed to before in her life. And to suddenly be confessed to by the Neji Hyuga-she wondered if she was dreaming.

An impatient, worried look came over his features when she didn't reply and he thought, for the first time, that maybe this had been a bad idea.

"You're serious, aren't you?" She finally answered, breaking out of her stupor.

He gave her a look as if she had just hurt his pride. "Why would I joke about something like this?"

"Sorry. I just-it's just unexpected." She couldn't look at him as she fumbled for words to say.

Neji stared at her for a minute before he sighed. "You still haven't given me an answer."

Wide, brown eyes shot towards his. "What answer?"

Another eye roll. "You haven't told me yet how you feel."

"What, don't you know already?" It wasn't as if she was subtle about her feelings.

"I do," Neji replied with a smirk. "But I want to hear you say it."

Tenten couldn't stop the rush of blood heating her cheeks. She glanced around nervously before forcing herself to meet his eyes and saying in a voice barely above a whisper, "I like you."

"Good. Now," Neji stepped closer to Tenten until they were toe-to-toe, causing her to have to hilt her head up slightly to look at him. "Can I kiss you yet, or what?"

~~~

This could be considered an AU I suppose. And now that I just wrote that, an idea to expand it as an AU story has come to mind. ^_^"