Chapter 57

"You're the best," Sam said.

"Hey, we're here, so might as well go for it, right? I'm not trying to shit on your other series and I know I wasn't there to experience it in person, but this seems like sort of a different kind of place," I said.

"No, you're right. We don't usually go to places with this sort of history. The Castle just had that story about Jean, Witches Forest had strange people and occurrences, the Stanley Hotel is still completely in use, The Origin was different locations scattered around where we started out, and the Graveyard was based on that old church. I guess this place is just different because we know exactly what happened here, and it didn't happen that long ago. We usually go places with legends and superstitions to see if we can either prove or debunk different theories, but this asylum is just laid out in front of us. There's no question as to what really happened here or what's true and what's not. There are four filing cabinets in here full of hard evidence about what went down in the building we're sleeping in.

"Since there's so much that we're able to directly confirm, we really have to put ourselves out there in order to be open minded enough to accept that things are still here from forty five years ago. We have to be able to at least try to invest in the idea that there could still be things that were shut in here when that door was locked almost half a century ago," said Colby.

"Ugh. Fine, Shakespeare. We can do both," Corey said.

"Noice, brother," said Jake, clapping Colby on the back.

"Nah, man. I wasn't trying to convince Corey to do anything. I genuinely agree with Nessa. This is something unlike the rest of the series we've made. This is a step further. We know for a fact that some evil shit went down behind these doors, and I'll be damned if we don't do our best to go try to contact the entities that were tortured and killed here," said Colby.

"I second that. Wholeheartedly," said Sam.

"Then let's do it. Let's do all of it. Rituals, séances, Ouija boards, EMF readers, whatever. Let's go all out. Plus, being a part of this with you guys is a total once in a lifetime opportunity. I want to experience everything I can for these next few days," I said.

"Oh, did Colby not tell you?" asked Sam.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"Brother! You were supposed to tell her so she felt better!" said Jake.

"Shame on you. We have to tell her," Corey said, shaking his head.

"I wanted to wait to tell her with you guys. And she didn't need it to feel better last night," Colby said.

"Yes, while you two bozos were asleep, Nessa and Colby were sucking face," Sam said.

"We were not!" I exclaimed.

"Mm.. we kind of were," said Colby.

"Okay. Fine. Kind of," I said. "But tell me what?" I asked. Colby grabbed my hand and led me out of the office back into the sunlight so we could all see each other without blinding anyone with our flashlights. The guys all followed out.

"Sam, do you want to take the thumbnail in front of the sanitarium? This place isn't that cool looking on the inside," Colby said.

"Yep, I had the same thought," Sam said, leading the way out the door.

"Tell me what?" I repeated. What could they all want me to know? That they thought would make me feel better?

"Want to balance the camera on top of the car? And we can stand on the stairs?" asked Corey.

"Dude, yes," said Jake. "That is the move."

"Guys! Tell me what?" I asked. Why were they ignoring me now?

"Okay, I vote that Nessa stands on a step higher than us and she can stand in the middle. Sam and Jake, you guys should stand two steps lower on either side and then Corey and I can stand one step lower than Nessa. We can make a little V shape," Colby said.

"Are we doing scared faces or what?" asked Corey.

"I feel like we should do the douchebag pose for this one," said Sam.

"You mean the whole spread your legs thing and then hold your hands in front of your dick while making a serious face?" asked Jake.

"That would be the one," said Sam.

"Yeah, that fits the vibe of this place," said Colby. Sam walked over to the car and set the camera on the hood.

"I'll do the 90 second timer burst," he said, pushing a few buttons.

"Tell me what?" I asked for the fourth time. None of them even looked at me.

"Okay, get on the stairs and I'll push the button to run over and stand with you guys," said Sam. I rolled my eyes at them ignoring me but walked up to the middle of the third stair up and stood like they'd said to.