Chapter 24: YOU!

Alastor: Good morning you two. It's time to get up.

He woke up Stan and Charlie from their sleeping nest of pillows and blankets surrounding the bunnies. They treated them as if they were their own children. Alastor grabbed 2 mugs full of coffee and handed it to the couple.

They took their mugs and drank them. Charlie thought it was perfectly creamed and so did Stan. Stan got up patted Charlie on the head and walked out into the control room. There a bunch of UAC personnel was gathered. Stan pushes past them and came face to face with an old friend.

He looked up to see Dr. Samuel Hayden speaking to the scientists aboard the base. He was fired up in rage and jumped onto Hayden. The almost 7 foot tall mechanoid grabbed him and pushed him away.

Hayden: Now who do you think you are to be attacking me?

Stan: You don't remember me? What about (In a mocking tone) I'm not the villain in this story. I do what I do because I have no choice.

Hayden: So you speak now Slayer. I am not here to fight you. I am here to negotiate with you on helping to stop this crisis.

Stan was mad. The machine who betrayed him and almost had him terminate an innocent A.I. wanted to help him. Then Charlie walked out in a shirt and shorts holding daisy.

Hayden looked at her funny. He walked towards the demon. Stan swung his head around and yelled.

Stan: Don't you dare touch her!

Charlie got scared and hid in their room with daisy in her hands. Hayden turned around and looked at Stan.

Hayden: Slayer you don't have to attack me. I only want to help. I also want to know who that was.

Stan: First of all how are you alive? I saw your robotic husk laying there and I took back the crucible. Second she is an innocent life you don't have to take. That girl has no business with you.

Hayden: Well I was put into a new body with more armor plating. I can withstand a barrage of bullets and pack quite a punch so don't try to attack me.

Stan was still for a moment. How could he be put into a body of even more advanced technology. The entire world went to shit. Then he stood down letting Hayden speak.

Hayden: I would like to know who that girl was. She looked off not human.

Stan: She is a demon. I met her in hell. There are different versions of it. We were in the biblical version of hell not the butchers' kitchen of a hell the one you exploited.

Hayden: Slayer...why would you help any kind of demon? Didn't they kill the ones you loved? Your son? Your wife?

Stan: You're pushing your luck pal. Don't ever talk about my family.

Hayden: Didn't you say we?

Stan: I saved Vega. I backed up his memory into a chip and put it into my armor. I did that because he didn't deserve to die. But you...you deserve to rot in the lowest circle of hell.

Hayden: I apologize for my actions just hear me out. I only want to end this invasion. I want to rebuild society and have life exist on earth again.

Stan: Something we can agree on. Just don't do anything stupid. I already have the crucible so don't try to take it. Babe you can come back out.

Charlie emerged from the room as Hayden stared at her. He didn't have eyes but Charlie had the feeling that he did. Stan grabbed her and introduced her to Hayden.

She felt nervous around the robotic person. She put daisy back in their room as she followed Stan and Hayden.

Hayden: So slayer-

Stan: Just call me by my actual name. I feel more... comfortable with it.

Hayden: What would it be again?

Stan: It's Stan, Stan the doomslayer.

Charlie: That has a good ring to it hun.

Hayden: Hun? Am I missing something here?

Hayden looked down at the two in confusion as he tilted his head. They stop and Charlie looks at Stan and looks up at Dr. Hayden.

Charlie: Well we are um...in a relationship.

Hayden: What? How can a demon and a human be together. It's inhumane! You kill demons Stan not fuck them!

Charlie: Well it seems this one did and you are gonna have to deal with it if you want to work with us.

Hayden was speechless. He expected the doomslayer to be incapable of showing any emotion besides hate and anger. It seems he's calm when around her. She seemed like an angel to him. Hayden couldn't comprehend this though but needed to live with it.

They introduced Hayden to the rest of their gang. He was confused to why demons would work with him. Stan was a cold blooded killer but they were friendly to him. Hayden just wanted to get the world back from those damn dirty demons.