Chapter 10

Autumns POV

I returned home feeling worse than I did before I went to the hospital. Heartbroken, seeing Luke and Christie holding hands it stabbed my heart a little.

"How are you feeling Autumn?" I looked up to see a face I couldn't miss anywhere.

"A bit better." I said as I sniffed up the heartache.

"Autumn? Your makeup is all down your face...I know your not ok."

"I'm fine Ash, I promise."

"Is this because of Luke and Christie? Because you know what? They don't deserve you, you're amazing and kind and I should never of let you go."

"Ash, don't...I'm fine, I'm just going to have some sleep."

"Ok, have a nice sleep." Ashton kissed my head before leaving me to drown in my own silence again.

My eyes were just about to close when I heard shouting coming from downstairs, I slowly got out of my warm and cosy bed and started to walk down the carpeted stairs. The shouts were getting clearer and I could just about make out what the voices were saying.

"You broke her heart! She was nearly at deaths door and you just go and find yourself someone that can ease the pain, Luke you can't just do that."

"Ash, listen to me, I didn't mean to hurt her, I didn't even know she saw us kissing."

I flinched...Christie and Luke kissed?

"She didn't see you kiss! Luke you were her best friend, she could trust you with anything, and she had feelings for you, no matter how much she tried to deny it she did, and you broke her heart while she was close to dying...I hope your proud."

I heard footsteps coming my way but I was too slow to react when Ashton saw me and stopped in his tracks.

"Autumn? How much did you hear?"

I broke down and collapsed into Ashton's arms, tears started to escape my eyes when he spoke up again.

"No, no Autumn, don't cry please, you don't deserve this, any of this."

"Thank you Ash, I really can rely on you."

"C'mon, let's get you back to bed."

••••••••••••••••••••

Christies POV

I didn't realise Autumn had feelings for Luke until I saw the look of hurt in her eyes as she was lying in the hospital bed. I was looking up at Luke who looked as guilty as I did, Autumn was my best friend, we told each other everything, I was there for her. Luke's face had suddenly gone white.

"Luke? Are you ok?"

"Yes, I can't believe I hurt Autumn so much, she's one of my closest friends."

"It's ok Luke, I hurt her too, you're not alone in this."

"Christie, I know you're trying to make me feel better saying it was both of us, but it wasn't, she liked me not you. I think it will be best if, if you left for a bit, I need to think."

Well...that hurt, how was I supposed to respond to that? I didn't say anything, I just stood up and walked away. I walked up to Autumns room, I needed to talk to her, if she liked it or not. I knocked on her door, which was covered in pictures of everyone she loved, Ash, Michael, Calum, Luke and me, the people she could trust...the people who she thought she could trust.

I walked in to see her drifting off into a sleep in Ashton's arms.

"Can I speak to her?" I asked quietly but loud enough that both people could hear me.

"I'll leave you two, to sort everything out." Ashton stood up and left, the silence strangled me and I choked on my words.

"Autumn...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"Yes you did, you have liked Luke since you first saw him, you used to fantasise how if you were a couple nothing could bring you apart."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, he told me to leave him alone a few minutes ago."

"Oh yeah, that makes me feel so much better, please watch as I dance around looking as happy as a rainbow."

"C'mon, you know I'm sorry, but you also know that I have liked Luke since I first met him."

"Yes I do know that, but you was busy with Ashton to notice that my feelings for him sparked."

"Stop using metaphorical shit or whatever, I was only faking with Ashton, we was trying to make you jealous."

"Oh wow, that's really what great friends do isn't it?"

"You forgave Ashton? Why can't you forgive me?"

"Because Ashton didn't kiss the one person I told everything to."

"Yes he did?"

"Christie Ash isn't gay...he didn't kiss Luke!"

"But he did kiss me, and you told me everything."

"Maybe that's what you thought."

Okay guys D R A M A what do you think??! GO READ COOKIE_CHRISTIES FANFIC CALLED THE HEMMINGS TWINS IM IN IT SO GO READ! Btw if you're reading this thank you☕️