chapter one

A/n: Happy birthday to the most inspirational man Harry Styles!! Happy 26th birthday love and hope you receive the best in life 💖

-

Stella's POV:

"Why?" I asked my father as he smiled weakly. We were in the dining hall where my mother, father and I were having breakfast all together peacefully but suddenly my dad announced something that I almost wanted to choke at.

"We can't keep you safe by ourselves from now on, Stella. You do realise that our family is in danger every single day." He spoke.

"You need someone to be by your side all the time." My mother interrupted.

"Like what? A boyfriend? I don't need one." I joked but they were dead serious so I dropped my cheeky ideas instantly.

"Like a bodyguard, Stella." My dad finally said.

I frowned and sighed.

"I'm not gonna be happy with that. It means that my freedom would be stuck at all cost." I said truthfully.

"Stella, your safety is way important for now. Our kingdom isn't as safe as before. We could become targets of enemies around the world at any time." My mother scolded with her modest voice.

"Not to mention that your grandparents almost got killed last week. You see how dangerous it is now?" My father told me with a frown as well, telling me of how serious things were getting at the moment.

"But how can I become a target? Most people don't even know how your daughter looks like. I was only on the paper and magazines up until I was 6 years old. Then you kept me well hidden until now." I explained but they only could sigh in despair.

"Honey, that's the problem here. Once they know who you are, you are gonna become the next target for sure. Therefore, we will prepare what we have to and it is all for your safety. We love you, sweetheart so please don't make this harder than it already is. We just want you to be safe." The duchess reasoned and I held my head down this time.

I was for sure not happy at all by their decision.

I wanted to be free.

I didn't want to become the next heir, let alone be a princess.

However looking at my parent getting worried over me like this broke my heart even more. They raised and hid me well over the years. I knew how corrupted the world was at the moment so I knew I had to agree with it.

I should just accept that this was how my life would turn out to be.

Darn it.

"Alright. I agree with this." I told them. They nodded their heads in satisfaction and looked at each other.

"He'll be here in a few days after his recovery." He said.

Recovery?

"Pardon me but what recovery are you talking about, dad?"

He smiled.

"From his missions."

. . .

It was three days later and I was roaming around the garden of our mansion alone, admiring the flowers which were fully blossoming.