chapter six

Stella's POV:

I woke up a bit later than usual today but at least I was smiling this time.

Harry came inside but when he saw me, he frowned.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked.

I know he must looked at me as if I was crazy knowing that I just learned I was actually in danger.

However, I couldn't care less.

I did my best to release all the stress in me last night.

Plus, I would do the same thing tonight as well and nobody's gonna know.

I beamed at him as a response.

"Nothing. Just in a good mood today. Let's have breakfast now." I told him and walked outside from my room, heading towards the dining room.

"Have you eaten?" I asked as I took a seat.

He went beside me before sliding himself into one of the seats as well. Like always, the other maids were flabbergasted by his action.

They just weren't used to it somehow because the other bodyguards were still standing near the walls.

Harry just minded his own business as he answered my question afterwards.

"Yeah, I have."

I sighed in annoyance at his reply.

"Can you just please don't leave me out eating alone next time?"

"What's your point?" He frowned at me.

I sulked before looking at the food on the table.

"Eat with me together instead next time, idiot." I whispered the last part so the others couldn't hear it.

He turned to me in amusement.

"Did you just call me 'idiot'?" He voiced out. I nodded proudly at him.

"Yeah, I just did." I heard a few gasping came from the workers, earning some terrified looks plastered all over their faces. So they heard.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up and just eat your food, Stella." He glared before biting off an apple.

My eyes widened in disbelief along with the others.

I felt something burned in me.

How dare he said that to me?

The employees gulped before giving some looks at Harry to apologize to me but he ignored later on.

He just didn't give a damn.

I gritted my teeth tightly while gripping on the fork to dig the fruits from the bowl.

He saw how hard I was clenching and turned away.

In the corner of my eyes somehow I saw his lips slightly curved upwards.

He was smirking.

He was obviously playing around with me just to make me angry.

I should be the one in charge here and not him.

"I hate you." I muttered under my breath before plopping inside a small cube of kiwi into my mouth.

"Oh really? Let me tell you something then." He finally turned to this side again, only to make fun of me further.

By then, the workers turned to him in anticipation of what he was going to say next. Not that because they loved seeing us bickering but they were worried for Harry's lifeline as workers shouldn't actually talk back towards their boss, let alone the royalties.