DISTRACTIONS

Guilty is the word that comes to mind when I think about how I feel after what happened between Drew and me. I should have put up more of a fight and stopped him before things got out of hand, but I'm tired of fighting my feelings for him. I'm tired of being denied the right to be with him.

We fit. Like two puzzle pieces. In every way he and I work, except where family is concerned. Plus, the fact that he's pretty much seeing Kim. I think.

For all of the guilt I felt afterwards, it hasn't stopped me from continuing to see Drew whenever the opportunity presents itself. Not that he's been complaining.

I don't even think we've been trying to spend so much time together. It's just, whenever we get around each other, like two magnets, we eventually collide. Then the jerk leaves me a hundred-dollar bill, and a pack of Kit-Kats, with a note that says 'for your services'.

He thinks he's funny...

The first game of the season is tonight, and Drew has yet to text me good luck. If he doesn't, I'll be mad because it means he's not thinking about me when he is ALL I seem to be thinking about lately.

Boy crazy... that's what Grams calls it.

"Will you come out with me after the game?" Quincy walks up, pulling me into a hug, and asks. He's the monkey wrench I never saw coming. He's also the monkey wrench I can't seem to shake. I'm not even sure I want to, which only makes me feel guiltier because how can I be in love with Drew if Quincy can infiltrate my thoughts and my head the way he does.

"Yeah, I'll come out with you." I smirk.

My phone chirps twice in my pocket and I pull it out. Both my donor and Drew texted me to wish me good luck in tonight's game. He came through and I know I shouldn't be more excited about a text from Drew than I am my celebrity donor, but I am. It lets me know he's thinking about me and he hasn't forgotten how important the game is to me.

"What has you smiling from ear to ear?" Quincy asks.

"Oh, um... my dad... he wished me good luck tonight." I lied. To add credence to my lie, I pull up the text and show him. As I'm showing him though, a text comes in from Drew that has me scrambling to make it disappear.

"You're still sleeping with Drew?" Quincy scowls at me. "No wonder you refused to go out with me."

I didn't tell him because I didn't want to see the disappointed look on his face. So much for that. He definitely looks disappointed.

"That's not why I refused to go out with you. We didn't plan to hook up, either, it just happened. He and Scott came over because they're parents were arguing again, and they asked to crash at my place. I gave them the guest bedrooms, but Drew came to my room in the middle of the night... one thing led to another, and... here we are." I blurted it all out like I was in a confessional.

"So, now you're cool with being the side-chick? If I would've known that I wouldn't have gotten rid of Chloe."

As if the knife Drew buried in my heart wasn't deep enough, Quincy just had to give it a little twist for good measure. "He loves me." I defend my decision.

"I won't deny that but allowing yourself to be the side-chick isn't something the Sidney I know would do. He's gotten into your head though, hasn't he?"

I can't deny it even if I wanted to. One of the things I like about Quincy is he speaks his mind. He always tells the truth. Even if it hurts my feelings.