FATHER OF THE YEAR

Today is donor daddy day where I get to spend the entire day courtside at one of my donor's games cheering him on like a good daughter. GAG. It's Grams' suggestion we portray to the world we're something we're not, and of course, my DNA donor and his wife couldn't resist dragging me along.

My donor bought me a plane ticket to Los Angeles and had a car pick me up from the airport to bring me to his house in Malibu.

Seeing how my love life is in shambles, I didn't expect the night to go how it went. My donor left hours before we were set to leave, and I rode with Mia and Sean. We were taken through a back entrance at the stadium where Mia flashed some sort of all access pass.

Security took us up to a skybox. There, Sean and I ate to our hearts content. They didn't serve your usual stadium food in the skybox. There were gourmet ribs, chicken, steak and a slew of other goodies.

After our stomachs were filled enough, we were taken down to our courtside seats where the press and groupies were both in full effect. This was my first glimpse into what Drew meant when he talked about all of the groupies he'd be bombarded with. The stadium was FILLED with beautiful half-naked girls hoping to score themselves a basketball player meal-ticket. There were some celebrities in the seats around us too.

"Is it always like this?" I asked Mia, motioning to all of the groupies with a nod.

"If not worse," she rolls her eyes at them. "Thirsty girls are everywhere, but there are none thirstier than the girls who show up at sporting events hoping to secure a future for themselves."

"How do you handle it?"

"I focus on being the most all-around successful girl in the room. It's not just important for a girl in my shoes to look good, we must be smart, and we must be driven. To everyone else I'm just a famous basketball players wife, but your father knows I'm much more than that. I own a chain of hair salons from California to Washington, I own a restaurant chain, and I invested in bitcoin when it was just a playful concept. Now I have my own money."

"In other words, you're not just a pretty face or living off of my father's money. You're his equal." I surmised.

"Exactly. Your father told me about the issues you're having with Byron's son. If there's any advice I can give you on how to handle that it would be to not make his son, the center of your universe. You should be the center of your own universe. And I'm not saying be selfish. I'm saying value yourself, nurture yourself, and invest in yourself. If he wants to be a part of all that, great, but if not, you're still winning."

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm really starting to like my stepmom. At the moment she's ten times better than the one that gave birth to me, and she cares. I haven't heard from my mom since I blew up her life.

"Is Sidney going to move in with us?" Sean asks, butting into our conversation.

"That's up to her bud." Mia strokes his head of wild brown curls.

Turning to me with this cute little pleading look in his eyes he begs me to move in with them. "I don't know, Sean. You're my dude, but that's a big leap. I don't really know you all that well yet."

"Yeah, but your family, and I've never had a sister before. Please!"

How can anyone say no to that face?

Sean is definitely going to be good-looking when he grows up. And if that pouty face is any indication, he's going to be a heartbreaker.

"We'd love to have you Sidney." Mia adds as if Sean begging me isn't hard enough to turn down.