Chapter 1: Apple juice and Homemade Vegan Cookies

The summer days finally appeared in Purgatory, the sun was shining and everyone was in a great mood. Suddenly a scream broke the quiet and peaceful sound of the insects and the birds.

___SHORTY's 5pm___

"WAVERLY WHAT THE HELL ?" screamed Wynonna rushing through the bar's doors chasing her sister "WHAT WERE YOU DOING BACK THERE ?"

"Hmm, saving your ass maybe ?" answered Waverly with a kind little smile on her lips, while jumping off the bar's counter "Apple Juice ?" she offered while handing her sister a glass.

"Seriously? Waverly, I told you to stay back, at home, looking after the girls, and you decide to pop out of nowhere, with a shotgun?" Wynonna was staring at her sister carefully cleaning the counter, she sat in front of her and said calmly "Jeez Waves, you just scared the shit out of me"

"I'm sorry okay?" answered the younger sister "Here, calm down, see" and she spread her arms to show off the empty bar "we're all fine" and she poured more Apple juice in their glasses.

"Where did you left the girls anyway? Please don't tell me, Jeremy and Robin" added Wynonna with a little laugh to annoy her sister.

Waverly lifted her eyebrows confused "HEY! They're the best Uncles ever! Sure they always spoil the girls with way too much sugar, and they're kinda terrible at authority, but come on,  we ain't doing much better" finished Waverly with a burst of clear laughter joined quickly by her sister.

"True, but we try" added Wynonna "And that's what matters" ended both Earp sisters with the same singing voice

"Yay, that's my girl !" exclaimed Waverly while bending over the counter to give Wynonna a HighFive.

Wynonna rushed her fingers through her hair, and slowly leaned on the counter to outshow her tiredness.

"But seriously though where are they?" repeated the Earp hear concerned

"Nicole is picking them up at school right now, then she'll give them a bath, dinner, and read them the cutest bedtime story at our place" said Waverly with an ironic but cute tone and a huge smile.

"No Way! HaughtCarrot left work to Babysitt while we hunt supernatural shit?"

"Well, technically it was two natural drunk and smelly dudes in the streets, who couldn't walk straight or fast enough to even consider it as a threat" answered Waverly with an ironic look "But yeah and she was really happy about it!"

"I'm glad you made that choice but please baby girl next time warn me" said Wynonna on a serious tone "Cause I swear, when you appeared back there, I mainly had concerns about Alice."

"I'm sorry, it was the last time, I promise" answered Waverly with a solemn tone even if she knew it wasn't. Of course, having to be around her family every day, finally starting her own teaching career was extremely challenging and all that she's ever dreamed off, buuuut.. once in a while, running, free, in the fields with her sister, chasing the bad guys felt really good.

"Can you believe it?" asked Wynonna after a sip of apple juice.

"What?" answered her sister in a smile.

"We are here, in Shortys, lovers by our sides, and daughters relying on us, we sit around for lunch every Sunday, some weekends we all go watch Alice's soccer game, we celebrate birthdays and Christmas all together. Sure, you are half-angel and Julia is a quarter too, Jeremy ain't human, and my man is a vampire which means he is probably going to watch all his family die... Okay, that's creepy...My point is, ten years ago, you and Doc were locked up in the freaking Garden of Eden, we lost everything and almost everyone we loved. And today we're here, talking about our kids, making plans for the next vacations, and I think..... I think I am bored. Like I don't have a point anymore ya know?". She was conscious that her words could hurt her sister who fought every second of the past years to make Wynonna feel better, but she couldn't help this feeling of emptiness. Wich was natural, after losing her sister, her father, her best friend, something always seemed to be missing even after getting Alice back.