Raw

"People still need that punching bag, Han," said a voice coming into the gym.

        I stopped punching to see who it was. I smiled at Joe.

        "You must be nervous," he said.

        "A little," I said, "I don't know if I'll get the kind of welcome like in Pittsburgh."

        He stood behind the punching bag. "Baby girl, your going to do fine. And if people don't like you, I'll knock the crap out of someone. Believe that." He held up a fist.

        I laughed. "Thanks."

        Jon came running in to Joe and I.

        "Have you guys seen Dove?" he asked us, out of breath.

        "No, why?" Joe asked.

        "People said that she came in here," Jon said, still panting.

        "I mean, she came in here earlier," I said.

        "How long ago?" Jon asked me quickly.

        "About 30 minutes ago. Why?"

        "I need to tell her something," Jon said.

        "What do you need to tell her?" I asked him, "If you don't tell me, I'll know eventually, so tell me now."

        Jon sighed. "Promise don't tell anyone."

        I nodded. I grew a little nervous.

        "Joe, you too," Jon said.

        "Yeah, of course. What's up?" Joe said.

        "Ok, so on Wednesday, Jey and her were talking on the bus, right? Well, Dove started talking about her relationship with her and Hannah. She confessed to Jey that she liked Hannah. Colby overheard and started telling people, telling them that was only what he heard..."

        I started feeling guilty. I was one of those people.

        "... Dove felt ashamed and scared. She didn't know how to handle it. People have started to think that Dove might be thinking some... thoughts. She hasn't wanted to talk to people unless she had to and she's been stuck inside of her sketchbook."

        That's when I couldn't handle it anymore. I broke down and started crying. I sat down, leaning against the wall near the punching bag. Jon and Joe came over to see if I was ok.

        "No," I said through my tears, "No, I'm not ok. You see, I was one of the people Colby told about Dove. I... I didn't know if it was true. I... I didn't want to talk about it to Dove because she hates when people break her promises." I kept crying.

        "We need to find her," said Joe, "to see if she's ok."

        I nodded. I got out my phone and called Dove. The phone started to ring. And it kept ringing.

        "She's not answering," I said after three calls.

        "Hotel room," Joe thought, "Call the hotel."

        I dialed the hotel and asked if a red haired girl with a black gym bag came in.

        "Yes I did," said the lady at the desk, "but she walked out saying something about the river."

        I was scared. I thanked the lady and hung up.

        "What did she say?" Jon asked.