Chapter 363

Chapter 363

Brian heads home that night just thinking about how great everything is at the moment. How he had everything, he ever wanted and more. He even had to admit, it was nice talking to Adam, he knew he had several questions to ask him, just at the moment, he was holding off. Not wanting to ruin anything that was going on. Not only the firm but even in his home life. He wasn't sure asking Adam the truth right now, was a smart thing. He didn't want to open a bomb and take it home to his family, as he did in the past. At the same time, he couldn't help but think, who the hell was his real father, and most of all, where was he? If Adam wasn't him, who was? Not to mention, Sean and Matt had the same one.

He just pushes it in the back of his mind for now, not able to wait to get home to his wife. Brian parks in the driveway, getting out and heading inside to the kitchen, as he does every night. Seeing Elizabeth cooking their dinner. Izzy sitting with Tylor helping him with his homework.

Brian goes straight up to Elizabeth kissing her cheek and putting his arms around her waist.

"Welcome home handsome," Elizabeth says with a smile.

"Thank you, babe. Adam came by to see me this afternoon." Brian replies.

"Did he? What did he say about the new firm?" Elizabeth asks.

"He said he loved what I have done with the place. He was really loving that I was going to rent the upstairs apartments. He also said he was going to through the firm a party. So we will have somewhere to go, and for you to dress up for." Brian answers.

"I am glad, he is seeing how far you have come, and how much work you are putting into this firm." Elizabeth states.

"He is, he always did have faith in me though. I have to admit, I couldn't do any of this without him and his funds." Brian comments.

"How much more do you have to do?" Elizabeth asks.

"Not much, most are already taken care of. Sean is working his butt off, to help. I do still need a receptionist since the old one can't take the job now. Otherwise, we are on our way." Brian explains.

"I am sure you will find someone. It shouldn't be a problem at all." Elizabeth replies.

"True, I just want someone I can trust. I will do some more looking around tomorrow. For now, I am going upstairs to change and get ready for dinner." Brian responds.

"Ok, it will be done very soon." She comments.

Izzy sees Brian walking out of the kitchen and going upstairs, she quickly gets up and follows him.

"Brian, can I have a word with you?" Izzy asks.

" Of course, what can I do for you?" Brian says.

"Well, you need a receptionist, I would like the job and the apartment that is vacant," Izzy replies.

"Wow, where did that come from? I mean your doing school, I also thought you were going to live here for a while?" Brian asks.

"I see a great opportunity and I don't want to pass it by. I can do school and work at the same time, they have online courses. I think it would be better also, I can get my life started. I would pay rent, just like any other person." Izzy answers.

"I don't mind giving you a job at all, or even the apartment. I just think you should tell your mother before we go through with this. I want to make sure it's ok with her. I don't need her mad at me." Brian responds.

"That's fine, I will tell her this evening. Just don't go giving the job or apartment away. I know my mother will be upset with me leaving the house, but I want my own place." Izzy states.

"You are only nineteen, you can stay here as long as you want. You don't have to feel you need to leave. " Brian comments.

"I know I can. It's very nice here, just like I said I see it as a way of moving forward. I don't plan on going back to Wisconsin. I want to live here, and what better time to get my own then now." Izzy remarks.

"As I said talk to your mother, I am sure she will let me know what you both decide," Brian responds.

"You are scared of her reaction arent you?" Izzy asks.

"Yes, I know how she cares for you and your sister. I also don't want to agree to anything without her. I don't want to step on her toes, I know I am not your father." Brian answers.

"It's nice seeing that you care about her so much. You always think about her feelings. I really do understand why she loves you so much now. I am glad she found you." Izzy responds.

"I am not perfect, there are times, I should think more before acting. I just am learning to do that now. I love your mother very much." Brian admits.

"I know, I see it," Izzy says with a smile.

Brian goes into his bedroom, not sure what to think. He knew she was nineteen, he also knew how Elizabeth was. How was she going to take this? At least if nothing Izzy was still in the same state, and only ten minutes away.