Tending Wounds - AlphaHannahCosplay

Drax winced as Isla's hands gently ran over his side wound. Those arrows really did a damage on him, but he didn't really care. He'd jump in the line of fire for Isla again any day. Her voice sweetly rang from her lips as she spoke, her hands working gently to cast a healing spell.
"I'm sorry, I don't mean to hurt you...those arrows went in pretty deep..." Her white clouded eyes scoured the general direction of the wound as she let the magic seep through her fingertips.
"It's nothing. Just a scratch- agh!" He winced again, the muscles woven themselves back together and the skin closed shut.
Isla chuckled at his attempt to act tough, though she was very impressed that he was holding himself together. Walking away from a fight like that was dangerous and impressive to say the least.
"Just a scratch. Sure." She smiled, laughing a little, her voice like a nightingale's song.
Drax sat up, fixing his armor and fiddling with the buckles.
"How are you holding up...? You got hurt too you know." He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, which she blindly looked down at. She grabbed her arm with a makeshift bandage around it.
"Oh, I'm fine, really! I didn't get hit nearly as much as you did. Just a cut and a bruise here and there. I'll be fine." She smiled sweetly, to which Drax looked at her with a skeptical gaze.
"Isla..."
"What? I'm being honest and truthful. It's not anything to be concerned about." Her smile faded, concern washing over her face while Drax shook his head.
"That's not the point. You're bleeding through your bandage." He gently unwrapped her bandage, silently helping to clean up her wound and redress it with new bandages. "Besides...a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be caused to bleed..."
Drax let the words slip, realization hitting him a little too late as he couldn't take back what he had just said. Crap. Was it too forward? Isla turned her head away from him, trying to hide her blushing face at his comment and because of his closeness. Beautiful? He really thought that she was beautiful...? She was flattered and scared and excited all at the same time, unable to pick just one emotion to go with.
"I'm not all that beautiful...besides, you're much more handsome..." she blushed harder, trying to turn her face away some more, but a gentle hand on her chin brought her blind gaze to meet with his.
"You are beautiful...and how would you know if I'm handsome? I could be the ugliest man on the earth." He chuckled, caressing her cheek with his thumb.
Isla sweetly brought her hands up to Drax's face, running her fingertips over his cheekbones, chin, eye lids and forehead, taking in every detail of his face through a mental picture led by her hands.
"I know you are because I can see you...maybe not with my physical eyes, but I can see who you are...you're kind...strong...and caring...and that's more important than any looks...and to me...you're the most handsome man I've ever met..." she paused, bringing her hands back into her own space, almost shaking from what she said, embarrassment, excitement, Hope and thrill coursing through her. "P-plus you were born with r-really well sculpted features so...! Y-you're very handsome!"
Drax blushed while he tried desperately to not smile so hard, but it didn't really matter did it? She couldn't see his expression anyway, but he couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.
"...Isla?"
"Y-yeah...?"
Drax sweetly cupped Isla's cheek in one hand, slowly closing the gap between the two of them, their lips pressing together. Sparks flew, both of their minds raced at once. After what seemed like minutes (or was it seconds? They couldn't really tell), they slowly parted, almost wishing that it would've never ended. Isla blushed, her whole face turning red while Drax's face flushed as well. They didn't say anything for a few moments, just taking in the situation. Isla pressed her lips together, swallowing in an attempt to rehydrate her dry throat.
"You...are very beautiful...and smart...and resourceful...and I'm lucky to have met you..." Drax smiled, holding Isla's cheek in his hand.
"And I'm lucky to have met you..." She giggled as they pressed their foreheads together, smiling and gently took each other's hands with a comforting squeeze.