Wedding of Isla and Drax - AlphaHannahCosplay

Isla took a deep breath, Sierra putting beautiful pins into her hair. Isla barely slept the night before, anxious and excited all at the same time. It was her wedding day, and she was nervous. The kind of nervous that has butterflies swarming in your stomach, your nerves shot and shaking, and has you breaking out in a cold sweat. Was this day actually happening? Is it all a ruse? What if Drax changes his mind and leaves her at the altar? What if something goes wrong? What if the wedding is rudely interrupted by wicked people in her past? The thoughts spiraled in her head as she fiddled with her fingers, fighting her shaking body.

"Hey, are you okay...?" Sierra piped up, putting her hands on Isla's shoulders for comfort.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah I'm okay! I'm just...nervous...what if he doesn't think I'm pretty...? O-or changes his mind?"

"Isla, if there's anything that I've learned from growing up with Drax, it's that he's just as nervous as you right now. Believe me, the other night he wouldn't shut up about you and your kind heart and beauty." Sierra wrapped her arms around Isla's neck from behind, staring into the mirror at their reflections. "You're gorgeous. And besides, even if he did leave you at the altar, I'd hunt him down myself and skin him alive." She chuckled

Isla chuckled too, feeling encouraged. Sierra quietly placed Isla's flower crown on her head, humming subtly while fluffing the flowers and veil. Isla fiddled with the lace flowers on her dress, running her hands over the tulle.

"There we go...you ready...?" Sierra asked with a smile.

"As ready as I'll ever be..." Isla smiled, standing up and taking a deep breath, her bouquet gently handed to her. "Okay...I'm ready."

Drax paced the room, dressed to the nines in his maroon coat and suit. It didn't take him long to get dressed, Flortma grabbing a rose from a small box, grown from Isla's own hands.

"Drax, would you hold still for just a minute?" Flortma asked, rolling his eyes.

"Sure. Sorry..." Drax stood in place, the rose being gently pinned to his coat pocket. "...Do I look okay?"

Flortma gave a gentle sigh, a small smirk forming on his lips.

"Of course you do. You're so worked up, what's going on with you?" He chuckled.

"It's my wedding day, Flortma. I'm nervous. I've never been so serious about a girl before..."

"It's normal to be nervous on a day like this. And believe me, being serious about a girl, especially a girl like Isla, will do you some good." Flortma finished pinning the rose to Drax's coat and clapped a hand on his shoulder. "You ready?"

Drax chuckled, gently wiping his forehead. He took a deep breath and sighed, calming his nerves.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

As the time passed, all of their friends and some family members sat in their seats, waiting patiently for the ceremony. Drax walked down the aisle, a smile creeping up on his lips as he stood in place, waiting for the first glimpse of his bride. His anticipation only grew more as each bridesmaid and groomsman walked down the aisle, standing in place. Sierra stood with her pink curls pinned up, her words quietly spoken across the aisle to Drax.

"Drax. Breathe. You're holding your breath." She chuckled.

Drax chuckled, taking a breath before speaking back to her with a smile.

"Oh shut up you twat."

"You shut up yourself, you bastard!" Sierra laughed.

The gentle music playing changed, a sweeping score echoing in the room. If Drax hadn't taken a breath, he would have been suffocating now, watching the first glimpse of Isla's wedding dress emerge from the doorway, her silver and lavender hair pinned up beautifully with a flower crown resting gently on top of it. Her wedding dress was a beautiful pastel purple, purple flowers sewn all along the bodice, her feet bare with some gold anklets. Even though Isla's blind eyes couldn't see the world around her, she could still get glimpses through her feet and through the sounds around her. With an arm firmly linked in Devotion's arm, she smiled brightly and whispered.