6. This Moment

"Okay I'm on my way." Joshua said through the other end of the line. "Ok. See you then." You replied with a smile, ending the call as you get up from your bed and happily made your way downstairs towards the living room. It was a beautiful Saturday morning. Mom and dad were away for a business trip, meaning you got the house all to yourself. Which also meant having Joshua come over to spend the whole day together. You picked up around the house, tidying up the little things to make the house more organized while you thought of what you and Joshua were going to do while you were together. 

Going into the kitchen, you rummage around the cabinets and the fridge to find something to make while waiting for Joshua, but suddenly the doorbell rings. You look up from the fridge and smile and instantly knew it was Joshua. Your heart races at the thought of him. "Well he came here quick." You said under your breath, closing the fridge,  going towards the front door. 

You open the front door to find a smiley Joshua with his hands in his pockets. "Joshy!" You say happily throwing your arms around him as he embraces you tightly, removing his hands from his pockets to hug you. He chuckles and picks you up, spinning you around while your legs wrap around him. "Y/N!!" He says. You find him in his comfy clothes, his favorite pair of gray sweatpants with his favorite blue sweatshirt. "How's my girl?" He asks you as he sets you down gently. You grab his hand, guiding him inside the house as he shuts the door behind him, locking it. "She's great now that you're here." You respond. He smiles and the two of you walk in the living room, sitting down on the couch holding hands. "So. The whole house to yourself huh? Must be nice." He says turning his head around watching his surroundings. You nod. "Yep. The quietness and the fact that I'm alone is just so calming." You reply. He nods. "Well I'm here now. What shall we do?" He asks. "Not sure. I was thinking about this before you came. Anything you want to do specifically?" You ask him. He shakes his head. "No not really." He replies. "Oh. Yeah me neither." You say. The two of you sat there in silence thinking of what you two could possibly do on this beautiful Saturday morning. 

"We could watch a movie?" Joshua suggested. The two of you looked at each other and shook your heads. "Nah. We always watch a movie. Let's do something that's not staring at a screen." You say. Again, you two sat in silence thinking, when you suggested "Oh! We can cook or bake something?" Joshua shook his head. "We already tried that. And when we did we almost burned the house down." He said. "Oh yeah true." You said. "I don't know what we should do." Joshua said. "True. And honestly, I don't want to do much." You said. Joshua nodded. "And I don't want to go out or anything." He said. Stumped, you sighed. "Then what can/will we do?" You said. Sitting in silence you two shrugged and continued to think what you two can do to pass the time. 

"I'm feeling a bit relaxed and somewhat tired and lazy." You say as your head rested on Joshua's shoulder. "No yeah I totally feel you. Me too. I guess since it's a Saturday morning." He replies. You reply with a "mmhmm" and play with the two strings on his hoodie. "But it is beautiful outside. The sun is out. Not too hot." He adds. "And the weather is perfect." You say. That's when Joshua lit up. He gasped and sat up straighter. "I got it. I know what we can do." He says looking at you as you sit up. "And that is?" You ask curiosly. He smiles. "Just wait and see." He says getting up from the couch, grabbing his car keys. "I'll be right back." He says heading out the front door. 

Confused you sat there listening to Joshua open and close his car door, followed by a loud and quick *beep* from the living room. What was this boy up to? Joshua then comes in closing the door. "Oh I definitely think we're going to have fun with this." He says as he lugs the case he held. His guitar.... Of course. The boy loves his guitar. In fact he never leaves the house with it. Everywhere you go no matter wherever at what time, Joshua will have his guitar and he will play it. He loves and cares for that instrument like his own child. You smile and look at the case he placed down carefully. "The one and only! Your lovely guitar." You say. He nods and steps in the kitchen and looks out back to the backyard. "I think I know what we should do." He says. You get up from the couch to meet him in the kitchen, standing behind him, wrapping your hands around his waist. "And what were you thinking Mr. Bassett?" You ask looking up at him admiring his little smile. "Well. It is a beautiful day. We are kinda tired and lazy. And all we want to do is just be here at the moment with each other and cuddle." He suggests as you nod. "Why don't we just go out there, you and me as I play around with my guitar, maybe play some songs I came up with to you?" You smile at the thought. "Why not? I love the idea." You reply. Joshua claps his hands together, saying a soft "yes" grabbing his guitar. You opened the back sliding door from the kitchen that lead into the deck towards the backyard, stepping outside to feel the nice warm sun with a little wind blowing by, making the wind chimes play softly.