Chapter 5: The Inazuma Caravan! Saki joins the team!

"Normal talk"
'Normal thinking'
"Voice talk"
"Hissatsu tactics"
(Japanese name)

I don't own any of the pictures used here. The credit goes to their rightful owner.
——————————————————————————
Takeo POV  

I sigh as I walk on the street. 'I should apologize to Saki. She must be angry at me. She must have a reason for not telling her family name.' I let out a heavy sigh. I turn in a corner to Nakamura's resistance but only to see big bags put in the back of the taxi. Saki and the old lady I think are her grandma is hugging each other like it's their last day on earth.

(Slammed! Clicked!) The taxi driver put all the stuff in the car and slam the back of the car trunk shut. This confused me. 'Was someone leaving?' I feel uneasy deep in my gut. I don't want to think what I think I know.

I gulp in fear before moving forward as I slowly approach them. "S-Saki!" I called out her name as I shutter a little on doing that. I feel uneasy and curious to know what's going on. I don't want to hear her answer but I have to know.

She look in my direction and her grandma did the same. Her grandma gave me a warm smile. "Takeo? What are you doing here? I thought you were training at the field by now." She said looking at me confused.

"Ah! Today there is no soccer practice. The teams are busy with school works. And I'm also on my way to school. I thought I could meet you before I go." I try to make myself look cheerful. "So what's with all this stuff? Is someone moving?" I asked and bite my lower lip afterward. 'Please don't say what I think it is.' I repeatedly chant those words like a mantra.

She looks at me and then at her grandma. "Yes." She replied which made me cold. "My grandma is." She continues. This is great! I feel myself relax. So she is not leaving. My rapid heartbeats slow down. I didn't even know it was beating this fast in the first place. I was too occupied to notice it.

"Oh! I see." I let out a sigh of relief but... I notice a sadness in her eyes. And I feel stupid. 'How can I be so happy when she is sad about this?' This made me guilty.

"So your Takeo." I looked up when my name is being called. It was Saki's grandma. "She told me about you. She praised you a lot. She told me how good you play soccer. You must be a very talented boy. You see, she never would have said anything about anyone if she was not interested in them."

'Saki is interested in me?' I look at Saki but she avoided my gaze. I felt myself blush. I look down on the ground. I can feel my heartbeat going fast. (Ba-bum! Ba-bum!) 'What should I say to her?!!' I thought. The only thing that came to my mind at that moment is... "T-thanks." I can't think of anything after this.

"You're a sweet boy." I feel like her grandma is teasing me. "Well, it's nice to meet you Takeo but unfortunately I need to go now."

I bow to her. I don't know what I should do anything anymore and my heart is racing.

"Take care my darling. I will send you letters or call you." her grandma gave her a last hug. Before she climbs in the taxi. Saki did not say anything. I can see her hesitation. She is trying to tell herself that it's for the better or it's her decision and she should not let herself butt in. It's the first time I've seen her this uncertain about something.

I face her grandma determined. "I wish you a safe journey and a healthy life. I hope that your day goes on well and find happiness and comfort in life. Th-that's how Saki must be feeling too!!" I said a bit loudly but it was my sincere goodbye to Saki's grandma.

She smiles and nods her head. "Thank you, young man. I'm happy to hear this. Good luck with your studies and soccer practice." I nod my head in reply before the car drove off.