Chapter 5- "It's complicated"

It's been some time Jump since Bruce's first training session. Perhaps some other Avengers had their own issues to deal with. You wonder why no other team member could help out, like it's a funny coincidence. Even though it would have been nice to help Stark out with his solo journey on understanding who he really is. And It's not like you can't travel to space to help the God of Thunder with his problems. During that time. Bruce was staying at SHIELD for the time being. But it was nice for him at the end of Tony's problem to listen to his rant. He's not that kind of a doctor... temperament.

Later that day Bruce was rocking a shorter haircut as he had his stubble beard. He was tired drinking his cup of coffee that a worker was able to get him one. It's like he's back to business. No stress, no anger initiated except for training sessions which has been kept balanced every other week.

"Hey man I'm trying not to be a fat ass... but is anyone going to eat that last chocolate crazed donut?" He asked leaning back from his desk chair in a shared cubicle office. But one scientist in his work clothes popped out eating a snicker bar.

"All you Banner, suppose to get pizza later by Fury. Pizza time!" He said cheerfully as Bruce chuckled.

"Pizza time indeed" Bruce smiles as he went back to typing up his data info, he had to get his report up immediately after doing some research on a actual volunteering human. A human with a weird genetic mix of something... some interesting DNA particle. The subject is kept in secrecy for now as he wished to be kept anonymous.

"Here to go sir, that gamma ray chart level you asked for." One worker said as he handed him the packets. Bruce grabbed it as he thanked him now flipping over the sheets.
"See I- I knew it" he sighed deeply.
"The test subject's blood cells is gonna not interact with this stuff nicely everyone. In a general basic of you wanna put it that way. But this test subject's skin sample and blood sample showed less damage! I was right!" He took off his glasses as he got up walking slowly to the coffee area.
"This guy has to be over what, 100 years old? Impressive skin regeneration. Maybe not tall but a damn beast to withstand so much energy levels, physical damage, or even a damn atom bomb based on the research here. That's why when we do these experiments, we gotta go beyond and above. If he is able to survive gamma radiation rays or any connection to a photon or whatever." He said as grabbed his cup of coffee in his right hand leaning near the wall.

"Then this guy is clearly immortal. Is there a time limit? I'm not sure. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But for him to be 'killed' in the process to make him stronger In that Weapon X program? Then it shows that there are extraordinary discoveries out there... amazing things." He said softly after taking a sip of his coffee.
"Just like me, I should have died. All that shit, excuse my language. But all that radiation making contact with my body. My membrane, my DNA, all that stuff, I should have died. But I didn't... it's extraordinary." He scoffed.

"I mean I know that... I know I won't be able to have kids. I can't risk it, especially for the love of my life. I hate that I wouldn't be able to provide her a gift... it's unfair for her." He said sighing softly.

"Dr Banner, if she feels like you made her feel happy, special, that's all that matters." One young woman said.

"Maybe... only god knows." He sighed.

"It's complicated..."
He said as he went back to his office area.
"You guys are doing a great job here. Make sure you all sign out at 4pm when work is over. Which is..." he was checking his watch.
"Right now, sign out and get some pizza in the cafe area. Stay safe now. If anyone has any questions about our next gamma ray level project, just email me before 8pm." He said as he was putting some papers away with his free hand.
The rest of the scientists waved bye as they acknowledged Bruce's words. Leaving the scene as Bruce is all alone.

He sat down not feeling hungry yet until a hand was placed on his left shoulder giving a gentle comfort

"Hey there" the beautiful redhead spoke out softly to him as Bruce smiled right away after hearing her words. He turned around in his spinning chair looking up at Natasha with straighten hair.
"Hey there, what brings you to my place?" He chuckled.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'll be gone for a while, I'm gonna help Steve out with a rescue mission but wanted to let you know." She smiled looking at him.

"Rescue mission huh? Seems dangerous and fun." Bruce said.

"My kind of thing, but it will be alright. I'll come back soon as I can." She said softly to him.

"Okay... and... lately we been spending time together. I just wanted to let you know that... I like this... a lot." He said shyly but kept his confidence up.

Natasha smiled meeting his gaze getting closer to him.

"Me too..." she said as she rubbed his right arm gently as Bruce's heart felt like it was beating fast. What does this mean? Does she like him? He never wanted to push people out of his lives due to the raging spirit that dwells in him but with Natasha Romanoff... he can't. He couldn't resist it.

"Natasha please be safe... I can't think of you getting hurt."

"Oh so you have been thinking about me doc?" She replied back with a smirk.

His face was turning a little bit red trying to control his blushing levels.
"Is that a problem Agent?" He replied back smoothly as he got up as the two were very close with each other. Natasha felt goosebumps from the back of her neck as Bruce tried to keep his cool.

"No... not at all Bruce, I like it..." she said in a soft tone.

"Me too..." he said back quietly as the two met eye contact.

Unfortunately the moment had to wait as Natasha's radio alerted her as Fury needed her to report to him at the operations room.
"I am on my way sir." She said clicking the radio button back.

Bruce looked down as he looked at her.
"I'll be here waiting honey" he said with great confidence as Natasha blushed at him. She gives him a kiss on the cheek right before she left him.

Bruce was alone once again but now happier than ever. He sat down as he smiled widely, like as he had just won something... maybe he won her heart. He thinks he needs to work his way up more to her.

But for The Black Widow, she already knows that Bruce had won her.