Chapter 6- "The past"

It was a sunny day at SHIELD, Bruce was just finishing up his work. But as he just finished his paper work, Maria Hill had just walked in carrying a file with her. She walked closer to him as she stood on his left side while Bruce was sitting down at his desk.

"Good afternoon Doctor

"Good afternoon Doctor." She said as Bruce turned a bit smiling looking at her.
"Afternoon Hill, how have you been?" He asked clicking his pin a bit and stops.

"Good, and yourself?" She asked smiling a bit.

"Good, just finished my long report, what brings you here?" He asked.

Maria sighed softly feeling bad, but it was her duty to let Banner know the recent events about a former friend of his. A good pal of his that Bruce was being mentored by.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but... did you ever worked with a professor back in Desert State University? Navapo, New Mexico?" She asked softly as Bruce raised a brow. The name of the university brought back some memories. He scratched his cheek as showed a calm facial expression.

"Yeah, I did. His name is Geoffrey Crawford... he was my mentor." With a normal response.

"There was an incident that had occurred yesterday at the university. At his lab, there was two bodies found dead near a Machine, the files we found at his lab was him trying to create a teleportation device. Perhaps the machine backfired due to some small areas with some wires fried up, must have been overheated or something must have burst. The two victims were a male and a female, and we cannot find Crawford... have you gotten any messages or contacts by him?" As Maria asked the doctor, he couldn't believe what he had just heard. Was this man, capable of killing or not even taking responsibility for his actions? A man who has a doctorate degree in Physics, was a good use of helping Banner guide him well into the gamma radiation field. Is he also a victim? Or is he a Menace?

"No... not at all. So you're saying he's gone? Nowhere to be found?" Bruce said a she stood up putting his hands in his pockets.

"I'm afraid so, and another thing we had discovered was this."
She then pulled out a large ziplock bag that contained a ripped blood bag with a name written on it. "Bruce Banner"

Bruce froze as he soon to discover how he could have gotten a blood sample of his.

"Shit... shit!" He said softly.
"When I first sent a blood sample to Sterns when I was on the run, Samuel Sterns was able to replicate my blood samples. He must have found out about it or something and used my Blood and DNA... what the hell..." he said sighing as he was frustrated. The feeling of someone using his blood and knowing what was in it, especially for his former mentor who must have been looking for Bruce long ago. But why? Why did Crawford went to see Dr Sterns, and to snatch one of Bruce's blood samples?

"That seems about right... well I wanted to inform you this, and I apologize for the disturbance but when going further into our investigation, we may need you to help us out. Maybe think deeper on why he had your blood sample." She said softly hoping he would cooperate with her.