Chapter V: Planning the Future.

4E 2, Cyrodiil.

Illent leaves the Sanctuary and walks around Cheydinhal. She walks to the children's park in the far corner of the town.
She leans against the short stone wall and watches the children play. Maybe when her child is older she'll take them here. This is after all one of the few parks in Cyrodiil.

  The gentle breeze blows her short hair around slightly lifts up her nightdress. Illent gasps from the cold air. Then starts chuckling as she walks away.

  She rubs her little bump and begins thinking about preparing.
If she's going to have a baby she needs the right things for it. Maybe after she gets back to the Imperial City she and Ellis can go shopping.

  As she walks down the street a few people nod their respects to her. She smiles at them and wraps the blanket further around herself. Not wanting to reveal anything too soon. Her walk takes her to the chapel. She isn't on the best of terms with the Divines but she sits on a bench by it. Not daring to go inside. Being a Daedric Lord now and being an assassin isn't something the Divines are too fond of.

  The Whispers decide to interrupt the tranquility and be asses again.
"Do you think your pregnancy will last till birth?" Followed by the others asking Illent.
"Do you? Do you?" Over and over again.

"So many things can go wrong. Especially for someone like you. A battle always finds a warrior and that's what you are Illent." The main voice says.

"It would be a shame if you miscarry or have a stillborn. The last relic of Lucien Lachance dead just like him." A dark chuckle is followed.

"I never heard of a Daedric Lord having a child." One speaks in a condescending tone.

"Please be quiet. I just want some peace and quiet." Illent says and rubs her temples.
"As you wish." Some of them say in unison. Most of them back off but a few linger. Their muted whispering isn't what Illent has in mind for peace but it's enough.

  Illent will admit though. The voices talking about her baby have her worried now. 'What will happen to the child? Will they be normal?' She questions herself.
This baby is the only thing she has left of her partner and love. She is determined to not do anything that can cause harm. Maybe she can get a hold of a Dark Brotherhood courier so she doesn't have to travel to Cheydinhal after going to Bravil. She can just see the statue write and letter and be back at the Waterfront.
That sounds like a plan.

  She enters back inside of the Sanctuary and looks around for Arquen. She sees her sitting in a corner.
"Hey, Arquen I have something to ask." The Nord walks over to the Altmer.
"Yes, what is it?"
"What's the name of the Brotherhood courier and where can I find him or her?" Illent stands by the table looking down at the elf.

"His name is Teelin and he lives alongside the road near Bravil. Why do you ask Listener?"
"I'm thinking about having him deliver contract names to you while I'm carrying the child. It would be easier and safer for me to do so." Illent explains.
Arquen gives it some thought.
"I agree. Speaking of which do you plan on traveling to Bravil soon." Arquen's golden eyes almost glow in the dim light.
"Yes, I do. I just need I get dressed. Thanks for telling me and I'll see you sometime." Illent turns to leave the elf.
"My pleasure Listener. Good luck to you."

  Illent redresses in her armor and leaves the sanctuary. She travels to Bravil and receives the first contract by the Nightmother.
After that, she rides to the cabin of the Courier's. She knocks on the door and he opens it.
"Yes?" The Argonian asks.
"Hello, Teelin I'm the new Listener. I have something for you."
"Really now? Can you prove what you claim? What is the color of night?" He asks.
"Sanguine my brother." Illent answers in a matter of fact tone.
"Well, you aren't kidding. What is it you need?" He smiles at her.
"I'm giving you the orders from the Nightmother. Deliver them to the Speaker Arquen in Cheydinhal Sanctuary, please. This will be a common thing." She hands him the letter and some Septims.
"I'll be sure to get this out there. Stay safe Listener. Sithis guide you." He says and shuts the door.
"And you as well," Illent responds softly.

  Illent eventually makes it back to the Imperial City Waterfront. She opens the door to her shack and is pleasantly surprised by what she sees. Ellis has bought a cradle and has also redecorated and cleaned up the shack. It now has a wooden floor and is well lit.
"Wow! Ellis, did you do this yourself?" Illent looks at her friend who is bent over sweeping.
"Yes, I did." She stands up and leans the broom against a no longer drafty wall.
"Do you like it Illent?"
"Like it? Ellis, I love it! We love it!" She hugs her best friend. The Dunmer chuckles warmly and rubs her friend's back.

"I was just about to go looking for you. I wanted to bring you along to shop for infant clothes. If you don't have enough to pay for them I'll pay for it. Infants, after all, do need a lot of clothes." Ellis pulls Illent by the arm motioning for them to get going.
"Hang on a minute. Give me a chance to change out of this stuffy cuirass. My bump doesn't like it too much." Illent quickly takes off the leather cuirass and her glass sword. She loosens her pants and pulls on a white long sleeve.
"Okay, I'm ready now."

"Very well. Let's go." Ellis offers Illent an arm and she escorts her pregnant friend outside and towards the Market District of the Imperial City.

  There they have quite the excursion. The owner of Divine Elegance is all too excited to be selling and making baby clothes for the Champion of Cyrodiil. The two women ask her not to say anything about it. As it may bring unwanted attention. She agrees and continues happily making clothes of all sizes and colors.

  In the end, Illent and Ellis made off with bags of clothing for the new addition. The shop owner lowered the price on account of Illent's status.

  Now back at the shack, the two emptied the contents of the bags on the bed.
"Okay so let's start folding these and putting them in the drawer over there," Ellis says.
While they're doing that Illent asks her.
"Have you had children before?"
"No I haven't but I did help neighbors raise their young children. I learned a lot from them. I'll be here to help you along the way, dear."
Illent simply nods.
"Hey somethings been on my mind lately and I've been wondering if you'd like to come with me." Illent watches her friend.
"What is it?"
"I'm thinking about going back to Solstheim. To tell my family about my pregnancy. Do you want to come with me?"
"Of course I will. That's a long trip for someone who is expecting. Which method do you plan on traveling with? Going through Morrowind or Skyrim?" Ellis asks.
"I'm thinking about going through Skyrim. It's more simple and safe. Just head up through Falkreath then travel to Windhelm." Illent explains.
"Makes sense. You'll also blend in better there."
"Indeed."

"So when do you plan on leaving?" Ellis asks.
"I'm thinking a few days from now. Get everything sorted out here and then we'll go." Illent says while holding up a plain blue onesie.
"Okay then. I already have bags packed from me staying here so I'm good." Ellis looks back at her bag then back at Illent.

"So, have you thought about names yet?" Ellis asks.
"Yes, I have. Freydis if a girl and Garnet if a boy." Illent speaks with a smile.
"Those sound nice. Why those?"
"Well Freydis was my grandma's name and Garnet is my favorite gemstone. I think they'll suit the baby." Illent finishes folding her part of the clothing pile and carries it to the dresser by the fireplace.

So far things are going well for Illent despite what all has happened to her.