Chapter 1: A Bad Past

*at a nearby lake*

"Where is he?" A kid asked looking in the bushes and the trees.

"There you are!" He shouted at a kid half way in the water.

"Aw man you found me!" The other kid said flying out of the water.

"Ok, now it's your turn to try to fin- "Soji! I'm home!" Soji's mother said.

"Oh sorry Jay I got to go eat but do you want to come with me?" Soji asked.

"Yeah sure!" Jay said.

"What's for dinner mom?" Soji asked.

"It's your favorite! Meatloaf!" Kai said.

"Yay!" Both the boys said running in the house.

"What's on tv?" Jay asked.

"I don't know, let's check." Soji said turning on the tv.

"We're getting reports that a mysterious life form is approaching earth and is coming at such a spee- The reporter said as a huge explosion destroyed the city including the reporter and the camera.

"What was that mom!" Soji said scared.

"All time patrollers we need you all to go to the patrol center to take care of this creature." Elder Kai said.

"Soji and Jay I need you to stay here while I go check out what that was." Kai said.

"No mom! You can't go you could get hurt." Soji said.

"I'm sorry but if I don't help then the earth could be doomed." Kai said.

"Plea-mmm!" Soji attempted to say having Jay cover his mouth.

"Be careful!" Jay said.

"Love you both I'll be back soon." Kai said leaving.

"What are we going to do?" Soji asked.

"I guess we wait." Jay said.

"No that's stupid! We got to help too because if we both work together we could beat that guy!" Soji said.

"No we couldn't! Didn't you see the tv! He destroyed the entire city by just landing!" Jay said.

"I don't care I'm helping my mom!" Soji said, starting to run out of the house.

"No you aren't!" Jay said grabbing Soji's foot and throwing him on the ground.

"Owww!" Soji said getting up.

"You're going to pay for that one!" Soji said punching Jay over the couch.

"You jerk!" Jay said kicking Soji into the meatloaf.

"I was going to eat that! But here you can have it!" Soji said throwing a piece of the meatloaf at Jay's eyes.

"Ahh! I can't see!" Jay said trying to get the meatloaf out.

"Take This!" Soji said kicking Jay into the tv knocking him out.

"Sorry Jay but I need to help my mom." Soji said running out of the house.

*at the destroyed city*

"You monster!" Kai said landing on the ground.

"Hm? Oh why hello I thought I just disposed of all of you time patrollers." The creature said.

"I'll make you pay for hurting my friends!" Kai said after looking at all the corpses.

"If I took on 10 of you at once I don't think you'll trouble me." The creature said walking towards Kai.

"Take This!" Kai said shooting a big ki blast at it.

"Heh a simple ki blast is that all you have?" It said.

"Of course not...look behind you." Kai said.

"What?!" The creature said as they saw another Kai punching through him.

"What just happened? That didn't do anything!" The creature said confused.

"That was the point! GALICK GUN!" Kai yelled, shooting the blast from above.

"Damn it!" The creature said getting hit directly.

"Heh...sorry everyone for not being able to save you in time but I did it! I defeated the mons- ACK!" Kai said being impaled through the chest.

"Oh I'm sorry I thought I would just beat you at your own game!" The monster said dropping Kai to the ground.

"Augh ...I can't get up." Kai said bleeding out.

"MOM!" Soji said running to his mother as fast as he could.

"Soji no! Get out of here now!" Kai said struggling.

"Never! I can't let you die!" Soji said trying to pick his mom up.

"I'm so sorry Soji...be strong and get out of here while you can!" Kai said, closing her eyes.

"M-mom? Mom!" Soji said tearing up.

"Heh well that was an interesting time, sorry kid but you should've never came." The creature said walking towards Soji.

"You monster! I'll kill you for what you did!" Soji said running at the creature.

"Heh kids make me laugh!" The creature said as Soji kicked and punched doing nothing.

"I don't care what your name is! I'll make you pay!" Soji said as waves of energy circled around him.

"Oh a sense of ki? How adorable! You had a potential kid, so sad it has to go to waste." The creature said softly hitting Soji on the neck knocking him out.

"Heh this was fun...goodbye." The creature said shooting a simple but strong enough blast to kill Soji.

"No Soji!" Jay said kicking Soji out of the blast into a far away building making his energy unsensible and hitting Jay instead.

"How kind of this child to save his friend, sadly his death means nothing because everyone will die when I'm done with this planet." The creature said flying away.