writer's note (optional)

I'm starting a book again, and it seems so inappropriate because it's the most difficult year of my life, I have some really demanding exams coming up in June and I'm not doing okay with my mental health. Nevertheless, writing has always been a little escape from my routine and the world in general, so I guess I'm doing the right thing.

As you proceed further in the book, questions might pop up about the philosophy and history-archaeology matters that are discussed.
Well, I'm actually studying philosophy for my exams, so these matters have become an everyday issue for me, and thus they NEED to be in this story.
Anyway-
a few words about Epicurus, his garden, and my inspirations for this story.

Epicurus was a philosopher (341-270 BC) that created his own philosophy school, the Garden, one of the most famous ancient greek philosophy schools. He was quite revolutionary for his time, considering that no other school allowed women and slaves to join the class. He lived in the Hellenistic era, which means that, at the time, the most famous philosophy ideologies were his (Epicureanism), Stoicism, Aristotelianism, Platonism, and Cynicism. He specialized in finding the reasons behind the human sadness and the false hopes that provoke it. The greatest issue he is known for is the issue of death; the fear of death, of what comes next, and the fear of the countdown that actually begins the moment we are born. He didn't get along with the Stoics, though, because they tried to distort his philosophy.

So, my major inspiration for this book, apart from my philosophy studies that have eaten my whole f*cking life, is Irvin Yalom. He is a psychologist and writer that has put his psychology studies into his work. Starring at the Sun, might be my favorite one of all his books, in which he discusses the issue of death, with an approach somehow like Epicurus's. So yeah, you could check out his works. He'll probably change your perspective of the world, and your whole life, actually.

Yes, this is mostly a romantic story.

Also, my English may get bad at times. It is not my native language, but I try my best.
Anyway, enjoy this.

This song keeps playing in my head for a few days, so I felt like I needed to share it with someone.