Ch.1

Why can't I do this right! Sasuke thought, her eyebrows twitching at the person before her.

"No no no," Naruto shook his head, crossing his arms in an "X". "Throw that bento in the trash! I just fully recover from food poisoning yesterday!" Naruto shouted, glaring at the simple bento box in Sasuke's hands. He was even standing several feet away, moving back every time Sasuke tried to take a step closer to him. "I can smell it is bad from here."

"Come on. My cooking is not that bad," Sasuke said, "I promise this time it's good. I triple checked the ingredients this time."

"Did ya taste it?" Naruto said with smirk, seeing the color drained from Sasuke's face. "Thought so. This means hell to the no."

"Will you at least try this bento?" Sasuke asked, her eyes watering a little. I put all my love into it, but why does he keep refusing to try my cooking again? That last time was a fluke!

"No. I value my life over food." Naruto said while backing up again. Sasuke kept moving forward with the bento. "Now, will you leave me alone? Just seeing that thing has my stomach in knot-Huh?" Naruto blinked, looking up to see he bumped right into Iruka. The Chunin looked down, holding several reports in his arms.

"Hm? What are you doing, Naruto?" Iruka asked.

"He won't eat the bento I made for him," Sasuke whined, puffing her cheeks in annoyance. I mean, my cooking can't be that bad! I only screwed up once...

"Ah... I see." Sasuke glared at Iruka, who also stepped back away with Naruto. Iruka's face pale with beads of sweat coming down. "Did you make sure to taste it first?"

"I messed up one time! I can cook just like any other girl!" Sasuke shouted before sweating at the horrified looks from the teacher and student. Why are you both giving me such a look? Girls can cook you know! Including me!

"Ah, Sasuke... You sent Naruto and yourself to the hospital for two days due to food poisoning." Iruka sighed, shaking his head. "It took Naruto three days after that to get well enough to come back with having the worse of it. Can you please not send him back to the hospital? I rather him skip class than seeing him near death again."

"Again, that was a rare fluke," Sasuke grumbled, looking away in embarrassment. "Why won't you give me the chance to prove it?"

"No. Once my trust is lost, it is very hard to get it back. Your food I have no trust in," Naruto said, crossing his arms in determination.

No! How am I supposed to be like the manga couples without eating lunch with you at school! Sasuke thought, tears forming in her eyes. Aren't couples who are still in school eat meals together? The girlfriend sharing her homemade bento with her beloved boyfriend? There's no way this love can grow without such dedicated time from what my research showed... At this rate, Naruto's gonna hate my guts! No, I will not give up!

"Ah... How about this?" Sasuke and Naruto looked at Iruka, "How about I teach you both how to make a bento this afternoon?"

"Wait, what?" Naruto asked, looking at Iruka as if he went crazy.

"Well, Sasuke seems hell bent on giving you a bento, but I rather not see another food poisoning incident. I am off for the rest of the day once I get these reports turned in." Iruka said, smiling at them both. "Why don't I teach you two how to cook with making basic bento foods? That way Sasuke learns how to properly cook and Naruto sees it to prove her cooking is no longer questionable."

"Iruka-sensei! That's brilliant!" Iruka paled as Sasuke stood before him, her eyes lit up in pure joy. "Ah, you live in an apartment, right? Isn't the kitchen a bit small?" Sasuke asked, realizing the issue with being in Naruto's apartment to check up on him while sick.