Ch.3

Why is it I can't do anything a girl can do right? Sasuke thought, sitting on her bed with Iruka looking around. I mean, I am a girl for crying out loud, yet... Yet if I can't even cook, how can I be a wife or mother? I can't accept it as if I do then restoring my clan will never happen! Sasuke shook her head, trying to get her nerves back. I have to prove to Naruto I can be a wife!

"Ah, Sasuke, why have you always been a loner?"

"Huh?" Sasuke nearly tripped when she stood up. "What do you mean, Iruka?"

"Well, you have the worse grades for cooperation. Yet, with what I seen today, you're actually social. Why are you opposite in the academy?" Iruka asked, looking at Sasuke.

"I... get nervous." Sasuke sighed, looking down. "I mean, after what happened, I realized I couldn't rely on other people. When I try to wrap around my head of even talking to other people, I freeze up and hence the Sasuke everyone knows. Part of it is because I am scared. Will I lose them like my family or will they betray me like him? The other part is I can't take the pity many people give me for my lost."

"Ah, it's just, I never expected such a 180 out of you," Iruka said, slightly smiling. "How did Naruto get into your heart? I find it hard with how you were in the academy to fall for the deadlast... Though, he got us beat on laundry and cooking." Iruka sighed, his shoulders slumping.

"Well... I think he understands me best. He even accepted me as a girl," Sasuke sat back down on her bed, pulling her knees to her chest. "He's always working hard, training even though everyone kept calling him a loser. He also is warm and friendly, yet alone like me with no family and friends. I can't help feel my heart flutter when I find him working hard to try and improve himself, much like I did when my clan was still alive and even now as I try to keep the Uchiha clan name alive."

"Ah, that is true." Sasuke blinked as Iruka sat down next to her. "Being alone is painful. I used to act like a clown when I was in the academy, much like Naruto. I did it to try and numb the pain of being alone as I lost my parents when I was a kid. But, you both kind of hurt yourselves with how you both seem to refuse friends. You do it by denying them purposely while Naruto seems to push them away without knowing it."

"But, I have to do things alone!" Iruka jumped by Sasuke's shout, "I mean I have to kill that man myself. I have to keep Naruto happy myself. I have to revive the clan through my own hard work. I refuse to rely on others and possibly putting my weight on their shoulders or they pull me down...But... But... Why is it I have no skills as a wife!" Sasuke admitted aloud, tears forming in her eyes.

"Huh?" Iruka blinked before seeing Sasuke put her face in her hands.

"I mean, how can I be a wife and mother if I can't even cook. I am a girl, yet I keep failing even to prove it to myself. I don't look like a girl. I don't act like a girl. Heck, I can't even cook or clean like a girl. At this rate, Naruto will hate me and leave me!" Sasuke sobbed, unable to keep her tears back anymore. I am only making Naruto mad at me instead of falling in love with me. I am really the one who is a loser! Not Naruto!

"Sasuke..." Sasuke jumped with feeling a hand rub her back. "You have it all wrong. Sure, you are not like other girls, but the other girls are different from each other as well. Everyone is unique, but that is why we also stress cooperation exercises in the academy."

"C-Cooperation e-exercises?" Sasuke stuttered, tears falling down her cheeks. "H-How do those r-relate to the fact I am an f-failure of a-a woman?"

"Well, exactly, that's the point. You can't do everything alone. Even as a ninja, you still need tools like kunai, right? Well, you get those from the blacksmith. You need food to keep yourself going. You get those from the farmers who grow the produce and the shops who sell the produce and other items. Even ninja can't be good at everything. Think about what Naruto's talents are outside of his weaknesses as the deadlast at the academy."