Chapter 3:Reality's a nightmare

Y/n s POV

I woke up to a horrific scream outside the room, it seemed to happen in my parents bedroom. I quickly startled up from my futon and slowly open the door "Mother? Father? Sayuri? Natsumi? Hotaru?..", no answer.

My heart was racing every second, the silent creeped me out. As I walked out, CREEK CRACK. I stopped on my tracks to see blood spread across the floor. It seemed like time had stopped, my heart was beating so fast. Afraid of what might happen next. Then the horror was plastered on my mind right when I stepped foot onto the living room. The demon was devouring both my parents and Natsumi, while Sayuri was laid down on the ground lifeless while all her guts were rolled on the ground.

The scene shivered down my spine as I was processing what was happening. Tears started rolling down my cheeks and tried to calm down to find where Hotaru was. But he was no where to be found, "how come father was devoured?.. I thought he was a slayer before?. Maybe not... He might just be a master of the dojo."

This.. Is hopeless..

I stumbled back and made a crack noise, the demon noticed. He licked the blood that was crept around his mouth and smiled creepily at me. "Don't worry child, you will be with your parents and siblings soon enough.. Just you wait for your turn. You might be the one that gets my taste buds started." The demon chuckled sheepishly as I tried to calm myself down but my body wasn't moving. I went pale like snow as sweat covered my face entirely while the scene was cold and icy.

"N-no" I blurted out finally, "I-i want to live! Not die! I don't want to die in your hands !" That got the demon started while I turned backwards and ran out as quickly as I can. The demon was huge, and it scared me what will happen to me.

"Young girl.. You shouldn't have said that, your on then... brat" the demon blurted as he launched towards me. The rock was right in front of me and I tripped on it, sprained my ankle. I was ready to be devoured any moment, just please END IT ALREADY. But nothing seemed to happen, I opened my eyes slowly to see the demon laid on the ground headless and turned into dust. "Are you alright?.." a voice popped up, his voice was old and kind, I could trust him can I?I looked up to see the old man wearing a tengu mask not revealing his features except for the blue haori he has been wearing. He lended me his hand but then I stumbled and noticed I sprung my leg.

"I see. You have sprung your leg, do you mind?" I was able to mumble out words "I don't mind.." He wrapped it with a bandage and look up to me with a serious aura. "Would you be interested to train with me to be a swordsman?" He asked, I made a confused expression that made him sigh. "I will explain later but let's get you settled first" as he swiped my tears away and asked if I wanted him to help pack up my things. I nodded and took the things that would be passed down.

Several Minuted passed by~
I walked next to the old man, trying to keep my pace up since I accidentally sprung one leg. It wasn't that bad but it hurts. I don't know why.. I feel EMPTY inside the sudden. Did I lost something? Maybe not but I totally did.
Third person POV
Y/n was walking behind the old man as she was trying to keep her pace up, he is walking a but fast but slowed down since she was hurt. "Excuse me sir would you mind giving your name" Y/n asked in a soft tone, "I'm Sakonji Urokodaki, you?.." "I'm Y/n (last name) " Urokodaki seemed to be surprised by her last name and asked more questions "Do you know Fuyumi Ito?" Y/n nodded "she was the first founder of the Breathe of Moonlight, I know some slayers which my brother is one sir." "And his name?" He asked "Hotaru (last name) sir" she replied and after a while of chatting they arrived to the cottage, there were two males who seemed to be a bit older than Y/n but might be the same age.
Y/n's POV
These two boys. Seemed to be a bit older than me, one with a peachy hair color with lavender eyes and the other boy has a raven hair color with those ocean blue orbs. I didn't know I was staring at him until Urokodaki san spoke up. "This is Y/n Tsuki and Y/n this is Sabito, Giyuu." Sabito and Giyuu huh. I gave them a small smile while my face was still covered in tears, my eyes seemed to be a bit hollow but I guess I look broken. They invited me into their cottage as one of them maybe Sabito took me and sat me down. He saw my wounds on my left leg and said something unexpectedly "Y/n you need to be more careful running for your life. I know your scared at the time so be more careful next time" He smiled softly as for Giyuu he was too shy to bother. As Sabito wrapped the bandage on my left leg, "Y/n from now on, we will be a family if you were excepted as Urokodaki sensei's student." He said and noticed I was holding some of the stuffs I got from home.
"I see you brought some stuffs with you, you shouldn't have." He then was surprised by the fact there was a nichirin sword in my clothe bag and unsheathes the blade. "Is your father a slayer? Or is this one of your ancestors?" "It's one of my ancestors, she's the breathe of light user" I blurted out as his eyes widen, he then looked into my bag to see a warding fox mask decorated with moon symbols and sparks. The two duos were eye widen as Urokodaki slide the door open. "Y/n we will start the exams tomorrow I believe you will be ready. I see Sabito told you about the slayers now."
Urokodaki san then started cooking while Sabito helped some. Giyuu was sitting in front of the pot and I decided to sit next to him. He was surprised by my actions but let it slide. "Uh Y/n how old are you?" Giyuu asked politely and smiled a bit "I'm 9 years old and you?" "11 years old, I thought we were the same age but I guess not. Sabito is 11 too I guess we will be your big brother." He chuckled teasingly and saw my frown. "What's wrong? Did I say something?" He softens as his blue orbs look into my e/c ones, I looked away holding back tears "No it's nothing, you see I have three older siblings but their all dead. Maybe except my older brother he's a demon slayer." I added as his eyes widen into a soft frown "I also had a sister but she passed away while protecting me but I guess it was worth it. I will take back what I had, and fight." His eyes were filled with determination and light, but for me I didn't see any use of being one. If someone is dead then they will never come back. I smiled widely with my eyes closed, it seemed to tick him.
Giyuu's POV
Y/n smiled at me which made a weird vibe coming into me. My heart seemed to be fluttered by her smile. But I just met her, how can I feel that already? I looked up again to see the hollow in her eyes with a bit of sparkles. Her eye color was so, beautiful. My heart fluttered again as I was confused with the vibe. "Giyuu san is something wrong?" She asked as I startled up from my seat, I sheepishly scratch my neck and smiled "ah no nothing don't worry about it Y/n." I then shuffled into my room and closed the door with a bang. "Sorry!" I then sat onto the wooden floor and process what just happen. Giyuu Giyuu Giyuu. Her voice is so.. soft and cute especially her face. Her rosy cheeks and her beautiful eyes, so charming. I didn't noticed someone was entering the room and was standing right in front of me all this time while I was processing on the ground "Giyuu. Are you okay? Your blushing." It was Sabito asked as I startled "A-ah s-sabito heh nothing happen" I said stuttering. "Ahh Giyuu you have a crush on her, love at first sight? I mean she's really charming." Sabito added as I hided my face. It was burning hot, her face then flashed into my mind. She was really cute... I thought to myself loudly, " So you do have a crush on her Tomioka" Sabito tried to hide his laughter but instead bursted out laughing.