Chapter 5:A Journey of Courage

Y/n started running in a quick pace and came across many obstacles. She began to stumble and hesitate, but her skills on running was quite alright after only one time of practicing. At one point she almost tripped over a trapped where Urokodaki hidden it, that was really sneaky she thought to herself brushing off dust on her clothes. She continued her path while running out of breathe, after several hours had passed. She almost passed out without taking a rest, her toes were covered in scratches and so was her periwinkle haori. "That. Was so hard I could barely breathe! I guess part of the test huh. Wait be by when the sun starts to shine. Its almost shining!" Y/n then quickly run down and see the end of the forest "i-I'm almost there! I hear the clangs of the swords!" She took her one last energy and slide down like her father had taught her as a young kid. "When there's a slope, go for it. Jump and slide on it sweetie." "F-father.." she then got out of the woods and landed on the ground with a bump.

She noticed that no one was here anymore so she stormed in while panting her lungs out. *SWOOSH* "huff huff, I-I'm back.." Y/n then collapsed on the ground, her face was pale but still fine. "Y-Y/n! Your back I'm glad" Giyuu's soft voice made her smile but not for long someone patted her head from behind. "Good job Y/n, I will except you as my student. Now let's go to train." Urokodaki then walked away along with Giyuu while Sabito was busy fixing his ripped clothing. "Sabito kun, let's go train first and I will come help you with it" Y/n smiled as she took his hand and dragged him outside.

Hours passed by~
The three trained like what Urokodaki had told them to do, swing the wooden blade, meditate under the waterfall to control their breathing, and more. They were getting exhausted every second, trying to keep up the work something weird happened. Y/n was able to do more practices than the two duos, she was also sweating like crazy but still continuing her path. "Keep on going no matter what..." She was really good at it as many months had passed. They three started learning the breathe of water style and trained harder each day. Until Urokodaki had nothing to teach them, he took them up the snowy mountain and was wide mouth by the three big boulders. "If you three can slice this boulder, you are allowed to go to the final selection." He said blankly.
They tried hard, trying to slice the boulder but it was no use. Sabito spoked up, "We should train each other first I believe so we can slice the three boulders finally." Seasons has passed in a blink of an eye, this continued on until Y/n was able to cut the boulder in half. "If I can't cut this boulder in half, then I will use the breathe of light."
Y/n's POV
"Go on your path, breathe in softly. Imagine that soft light was plastered on your face." I could remember those words that came out of my father's mouth as a young girl. " Breathe of light fourth form: Light shreds" As the light strings started to ball out as I cut through the boulder. I opened my eyes to see the boulder cut in half. I looked back to see Giyuu and Sabito mouth wide open, I chuckled a bit. "Why are you both looking at me like that?" I chuckled, "Was that your first time using that breathe?" Sabito asked. "Yes" I mumbled quietly, "I will help you guys and wait for you" I smiled charmingly, while waiting for them.
6 months had passed in total~
Me and Sabito waited for Giyuu until he was able to cut the boulder in half, "Giyuu you did it!" I was smiling happily while I walked in to hug him. He was paralyzed but hugged me in return. I felt a soft pat on my head, and saw Urokodaki sensei "I'm glad you three did it, let's get ready." We started to pack our things and I was feeling a lot of guilt in my guts, I was feeling lots of water like I was gonna explode of anxiety.
Third POV
The three started packing for their final selection, Sabito could sense that Y/n was nervous all the time. Might be because they were going real soon?. Sabito pats her head softly and smiles reassuring everything would be alright. But Y/n's guts wasn't having it, as they finish packing they walked off to a new challenge. Sabito was wearing the same haori same goes with the other two. They were finally gonna pay off their abilities to help the other ones, and sacrifice their life for them to not cause any other harm.