|EXTRA CHAPTER 1| A Brand New Start

[All Rights Reserved. Saving Rose by @PointTrueNorth]

This chapter is dedicated to @_d00d_ because not only is he one of my real life friends, but also someone who gave me a lot of motivation. Thank you so much and go LKT! :D

A/N: So, here's the first Extra Chapter that I promised! :)

It'll be shorter than normal chapters, as I have stated before, but I'll be posting the extra chapters a little slowly because I'm in the process of publication right now so... yeah. My schedule is pretty busy.

Anyhow, please enough! WARNING: The essay below may not be suited for viewers who cannot contain squeals.

_________________________________________________________________

|E X T R A - C H A P T E R 1| A Brand New Start

"It's chilly today," I informed Samuel as he dug through his closet. "Wear a jacket."

"Got it," Samuel's muffle voice replied as he dug out a bundle of clothes. He dumped them on his bed and went back to dig around for his shoes.

It was New Years and we were preparing to go see the firework display that the community was hosting at the Central Park at downtown.

Bailey had agreed to take Samuel, Marisol, Chloe, and I there.

"Do I need to wear a scarf too?" Samuel asked as he pulled out his jacket from the pile and slipped it on. I nodded.

"I think you might, if you are afraid f the cold," I said. Samuel du around in his heap of clothes and pulled out his scarf. He weaved it around his neck and put on his shoes.

"Well, I'm done," he said. "Should we get going?"

As if to answer his question, a car outside the window blew its horn, signaling to us that Bailey and the others were here.

"Yup," I said and grabbed his hand. "Come on, French boy. Time to celebrate New Years American style."

~*~

Bailey dropped us off at the Central Park. She reminded us again to stay together and refrain from getting lost. I had to remind her that we were already teenagers. Bailey laughed at my comment and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Of course I already know that you are a teen," she grinned and ruffled my hair. "Stay safe, my girl."

She gave us a wave and drove away.

The park was less crowded than last year. I could barely more a step without stepping on someone's toe last year. This year, I had room to at least breath.

"Let's go get some Cotton candy," Marisol suggested and pointed to one of the stands that they have out out. The park was basically made into a carnival. There were games, stands, and even gift shops.

"Sure," I said and began to head towards the little stand. "Cotton Candy before a fireworks show sounds amazing."

We strode up to the stand where the owner was just putting some finishing touches on a Cotton Candy that he made for a little boy of the age of 8. The boy gasped in delight and grabbed his cotton candy. He pooled out some money and handed them to the wonder before dashing away to play the carnival games.

We walked up to place our orders.

"Hello there!" the man smiled kindly. He looked old, but not older than 50. "What would you all like?"

We squinted at the menu board before ordering.

"Lemon for me," Chloe said.

"Chocolate flavor," Marisol grinned and added,"Never heard of it before. This is gonna be awesome!"

"Strawberry, please," Samuel said politely.

"Blueberry," I said last.

The man nodded and got to work.

"Wow, they out done themselves this year," Marisol observed as she looked around, waiting for her cotton candy to finish.

I looked around too. Sure enough, it seemed like there were more games this year than all the other years.

"It just keeps getting better an better," I concluded.

Marisol nodded. "Yup, yup."

The man finished making our cotton candy and handed them to us. We paid and thanked him.

"It'z actually a pretty got weather today, izn't it?" Chloe asked as she took a bit out of her lemon cotton candy.

"Yeah, it used to be chilly," Samuel agreed. "It's warmer now."

As we walked through the carnival, the microphones placed above us blared,"Attention all attenders of Central Park's 15th Annual Fireworks Show. The fireworks are about to be launched."

Marisol squealed happily. "Yes! I have been waiting for this!"

"Come on," I said and gestured for them to follow me. "We won't see anything from this view."

We wove through the crowd until we reached the fields were many others were already gathered and sat waiting for the first of the fireworks to bloom across the sky. We found a spot and sat down. From a distance, we looked like one big family. Which I guess we kind of are.

Just as we were siting down, a streak of red light shot up into the air and explode into a flowery firework.

"Oh my gods!" Marisol and Chloe said in awe.

"I have never seen such beautiful fireworks," Chloe said, her eyes transfixed on the blooming fireworks.

"Well, you are now," I grinned at her.

More colors bloomed in the sky. The crowd 'oohed' and 'ahhed'.

I felt Samuel take my hand in his and gave me a tiny squeeze.

"Happy New Year," he told me. A smile crept onto my mouth.

"Yeah, Happy New Year to you too."

_________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm really sorry if this chapter sucked. I was busy editing and adding things to Saving Rose to get it ready for publication that I forgot to upload this chapter.

But don't worry. You guys didn't wait in vain. I managed to wit and finish a lot of Saving Rose during the time I didn't update.

I ADDED A FEW PLOTS TO THE PUBLISHED SAVING ROSE. AND THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE. Al of those extra things will NOT be published on Wattpad. You need to buy the book.

Once again, thank you everyone for supporting me. Let's all wait for Saving Rose to be published now! :)

xoxo Lauren