1

~~~ 4 YEARS LATER ~~~

Kirisame's POV

"Kirisame-shinaina."

It was Urusai's annoying, high-pitched voice. She thinks she is my girlfriend or something.

"Baka, don't disturb me." I turned over, facing away from the okuraseru

"Kaen-chan, what are you doing to my gikyodai?" Shizen scolded. I could hear her silently whimpering. Yes, she was scared of my boyfriend's sister.

"Yariman," I mumbled, getting up from my futon. I stretched then asked for hot tea. 

"I wonder when Urusai will be kicked out. She's getting possessive over you," Shizen sighed, handing me a cup.

"Yeah." I sipped, then brightened. It was matcha. "The fact that I have to marry her makes it worse. I don't love her, you know."

Shizen placed a hand on my shoulder and exhaled. "Of course. You still wish to see Denki-kun."

"Tradition sucks." I chugged the tea, then went down to the dining room. Urusai's mother, Kemono Kaen, was preparing bento. She got all squeaky and practically shrieked when she saw me.

"Aiiiiiai! My son-in-law," she squawked. "Eat, eat."

I snuck an eye roll at her and dug in my food with the chopsticks. 

"Ne, what a busu." Shizen snickered. 

"Waga kamiyo!" I scoffed, maki in my mouth. "Just eat. I want to be early for the faction meeting."

"To what? To fill yourself with sentiment at the sight of Denki's photos, ne?"

"Baka." I set my bento box aside and went to the bathroom. Holding my mouthwash bottle, I stared at my reflection. 

Four years ago, I was happy being gay and free. With Denki, with his sister, with the crazy classmates that I had. Just look at me now! 

After Denki's tragic death, I swore to never take a love interest in anyone. I joined a counterintelligence faction named Tekoku to keep myself busy, but I had pictures of my dead boyfriend hanging in my office. 

Maybe Denki isn't dead yet. Come on, he's a hardcore disaster survivor.

Isn't dead? Oh, just look at the explosion four years ago, so massive and bright. He's already ashes in an urn right now. Be realistic for once, Kirisame!

I gargled, spat in the sink, then took a 1-minute hot shower. It helps in waking my tired body every time. I wrapped a towel around my waist, ran to my room and pulled on the Tekoku uniform.

The uniform, if you're curious, is a black tux, a white polo and a neon blue tie with intricate gold lace design for the top. I roll up the sleeves. 

The bottom? Tekoku is liberal, so I just slip on a pair of jeans and brown low-cuts. Shizen's choice of pants is vivid pink with confusing swirls of green and orange dotted with silver. It gives her targets a headache when they stare at it, she says.

I grab a bottle of Parfum Satori's Hana Hiraku and spray it on myself. This was Denki's favorite scent before he died. I can't help but remember him.

Shizen pulls me out of the house, just after I grab my backpack. Yes, Tekoku is very liberal. 

We are just in time for the faction's bus to pick us up.