Chapter Thirty Three - Present

Victoria

It was a Friday night and I was seated alone at the local bar that was going to be jam-packed soon. I was having a drink by myself thinking about my messed up life. Things used to be simple and good before I met the demon at Kevin's birthday party, the same demon who wanted to play games. To be honest, I was done playing games. I knew for a fact that I couldn't win against Tyler. You needed to be a special type of crazy to challenge him which I clearly wasn't.

"Is this seat taken?"

I turned to face the seat beside me which was vacant a few seconds ago.

This lady was a very gorgeous brunette with long russet brown hair that bordered to black. She sported an amazing tan, a complete opposite to my pale skin and silver-blonde hair, and she wore a short off-shoulder black top and jeans.

She was saying something and I hadn't even listened because I was too mesmerized by her beauty.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?"

She laughed, "Just wanted to know if this seat was taken?"

I shook my head. "No, it's not."

"Great. I was sitting across from you and a lot of drunk men wanted to buy me a drink and then I saw you sitting here alone and thought maybe I could use some company. I LOVE your hair by the way, and that is such a cute dress. Where did you get it from?"

She was a talker!

"I ordered it online. I love everything about you." I smiled, complimenting her in return. "I always wished I had brown hair rather than silver blonde."

"Wanna trade?" She retorted, "honey, I would kill to have your hair and volume. You look like those models on Instagram." She giggled, sipping her drink.

She had a British accent.

"You're wayyy too nice." I said.

"You remind me of Elsa from that Frozen movie."

I never had a woman fawn over me so much, and one who was this attractive. "Well, in that case, you would look like Anna."

"Which would make us both sisters, right?" We giggled like silly girls, and she asked, "Girl, where have you been all my life? Why haven't we met before?"

She definitely didn't seem like the fake bitchy type and I instantly liked her.

"I know right? I don't think you live here in Cold-Bay. Correct me if I'm wrong."

"You're absolutely right." She agreed. "So, what drink would you recommend for me?" She flipped open the drink menu. "Since I'm new to this town, I don't know anything much about this place."

"You should try sex on the beach, it's Amaze-balls."

She ordered one for herself.

"Waiting for company?" Her curious brown eyes peered at me.

She also had amazing makeup skills. Her winged eye-liner was bomb, and let's not even talk about those natural long eyelashes.

"Not really. I'm a loner. I just like coming here on my weekends. I didn't even ask for your name."

"It's Sarah. What's yours?"

"Vicky," I told her out of habit. I usually forgot to say my full name and by the time I would realize, it would be too late.

She and I chatted some more. I told her about my bakery and she promised to visit before she left the country. She told me that she would love if I could show her around town and I assured her I would. It was really nice to have a new friend. We even exchanged numbers and Snapchat ids.