Nico di Angelo and the annoyingly fake horcrux

Nico just wanted to destroy some more horcruxes. That Tom Riddle guy was really getting on his nerves. He had just heard from an unknown source that a horcrux was being held here. Nico just wanted to kill it. So how was he supposed to know that the oh so famous Harry Potter and his old friend Dumbledore had the same idea.

He walked into the cavern after shadow-traveling onto an island in the middle of the sea only to be met with a bowl with a knife perched on top. It looked to need a blood sacrifice which Nico was willing to pay but he luckily carried a bottle of animal blood with him just incase (what? It's practical). 

After the wall crumbled he steeped into a large chamber in which lay a lake. In the middle of the lake was an island, that was probably where the horcrux was being kept. The lake itself stank of death, dead bodies. Yet they didn't seem right; as if they were reanimated. Nico scanned his brain for knowledge on this particular subject. Then his mind went to a book he had read on wizarding necromancy. Inferi. Such insults.

Nico could get to the island in many different ways: taking the badly disguised boat, shadow traveling or just asking corpses nicely and swimming across but shadow traveling was the easiest so shadow traveling it was.

In the centre of the island there was a basin in which was a potion. In the depths of the basin lay a horcrux, at least that's what Nico thought. Sure he couldn't sense it but that could just be the potion. He tried to just tip the potion which didn't seem to work, the son of Hades deliberated drinking it  but that didn't seem a good idea. Finally, he came up with clever idea of just dumping it all in the shadows which, funnily enough, worked.

//////////------------\\\\\\\\\\

Harry and Dumbledore stumbled into the cavern to be met with what Dumbledore said was a blood sacrifice. Harry tried to let himself do it but the old professor refused and slit his wrist with the provided knife which caused the wall in front of them to collapse. They stepped through and were greeted with a massive chamber in which lay a lake. In the middle of the lake was an island there was an island with a figure on it, but they didn't know that.

"What are we going to move now Professor?" Harry asked. 

"We are going to take a boat." Dumbledore answered.

"What about enchantments and protection spells." Dumbledore cast a series of spells to prove to Harry that it was safe. He then started towards the invisible boat that he knew would be there and Harry followed him in, weary that it wouldn't take his weight. They sailed peacefully across the river, imagining that they were just having some teacher, student time but it wasn't and there was no point kidding themselves. Harry looked over the boat into the icy waters below only to see a misty surface disturbed occasionally by corpses.

"Professor, what are those?" HE questioned but he knew they were just another defence method.

"Those, Harry, are Inferi. Best delt with by fire but they shouldn't attack unless provoked." Harry nodded taking in Dumbledore's words. They sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

/////////////---------------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

When they approached Harry heard sound, wait a voice, coming from the centre of the island. It was shouting in a familiar voice,

"Oh my Gods! I spent a year searching for this gods-damned horcrux and it's fake! What the Hades!" Harry knew that voice, it came from a mysterious boy who he had met every year from his first at Hogwarts. The voice belonged to Nico di Angelo.

"Nico?" said Harry as calmly as possible, scared of what could happen if they caught this boy at a bad time.

"Oh...Hey Harry. And old guy who's with Harry. If your looking for the horcrux then don't bother, it's a dud. The real one was in Grimmuald Place, I destroyed it when I went there last year. So this was a massive waste of both of our times. See ya." Nico said calmly and clicked his fingers, disappearing into a pool of shadows.

"What are we going to do now Professor?" 

"Return to Hogwarts as planned. The horcrux has been destroyed." 

At that they left as well, back to Hogwarts where they were met by an army of death eaters. Later that night Dumbledore was murdered by Snape on his own orders. Then Voldemort started to take over, enforcing anti-muggleborn legislations. Harry went on the run and was later captured by snatchers...

See what happens next on The misadventures of Nico di Angelo in the Wizarding World.

A/N Hey, another chapter out today, yay. I hope you liked it. Please reply. Thank you for reading and this sounds really messed up. Anyway, see you next chapter.

magicalfayzian