Chapter 28

Tris

I sit here turning the razor over in my hand. I swore I would never do this but.... I don't know.

I bring the razor about and inch from my wrist before my hand starts shaking. I kick the door and the little mirror hanging on it falls and shatters into a million pieces. I cry out as I bring the razor to my wrist and make two cuts. The blood starts to drip down my arm and tears pour from my eyes. The tears aren't from pain though, from the fact I just did that.

Then there's banging on my bathroom door.

"Tris? Tris! I know your in there! What's wrong?!?" My brother yells. He turns the door handle and I throw the razor across the bathroom into the shower. The door opens slowly and the blood from my arm drops onto the tile floor. I bring my knees up to my chest and cry.

"Tris?" Caleb says and kneels down next to me. "Beatrice? Oh gosh. What did you do?" He gently grabs me hand and turns it over. I burry my head further into my knees and keep crying.

Then I hear the sink turn on and off. "Here" Caleb says and pushes something cold and wet against my arm. I look up to see him pressing a wet towel to my arm and looking through the cabinets frantically for something.

"Hold this" he brings my other hand to the towel and pushes down for me to hold it. I hold it there like he asks and he scrambles out the door.

It's about a minute before he comes back in with a first aid kit and starts pulling things. Gauzes pads, a roll of gauze, that spray stuff that stings really bad, and he grabs a small towel from the cabinet.

"Bite down on this" he says holding the towel in front of my mouth. I take my hand off off my wrist and wipe the last tears on my face before biting on the towel.

I watch him grab the spray and close my eyes. Next there's a horrible sting traveling up my right arm. Soon my wrist is wrapped in gauze and bandaged up.

"Tris why?" My brother asks. I don't answer, instead I just look at the ground as new tears start to form in my eyes.

"Come here" he says and I lean forward as he engulfs me in a hug. I burry my face in his chest and cry. I cry and cry until I can't cry anymore. Then it's just dry sobs.

"I need to see him" I tell my brother.

"Okay" he answers in a hushed tone "we can go tomo-" I don't even let him finish his sentence before speaking up.

"No. I need to see him now."

I look up at my brother and he has a sad face on, with understanding eyes. He nods and stands up, offering me his hand. I take it and he helps me to my feet.

"One second" I walk over to my mirror and see the black smears and streaks on my face. "Yeesh" I say wiping it all off on top a makeup removing pad. I don't have time to do my whole ruitine. Then I shuffle through my drawers until I find a pair of sunglasses to hide my face.

"You ready?" My brother offers me his hand again, I take it and he leads me downstairs.

The second my dad sees me, he jumps up from the couch and rushes over.

"What happened," My father asks, examining my wrist.

"Her um, mirror broke," my brother says while I stand here, without words. "A piece flew off and cut her. But she's fine dad."

But instead of taking his word my dad turns to me for assurance "Dad I'm fine. Caleb and I are going to head over to the hospital, okay?"

"Oh. Yeah, okay. Just, be careful." Not as protective as caleb, but my dad is still pretty protective over me. He doesn't trust my decisions always. Caleb, not so much.

"Caleb, are you driving?" My dad asks. See what I mean?

"Yeah, we'll be fine dad" Caleb says rolling his eyes, but still smiling. Then walks over to put on his shoes

"Okay." My dad finally gives in and I follow caleb to put on my shoes to.

"Bye" I say pulling my jacket on and heading out the door, Caleb following in toe.

Caleb unlocks the car and I slide in the passenger seat. I pull my hood up to hide my face beecause, wherever I go someone knows who I am. And right now I don't want to have to sign autographs or take pictures.

The car ride was silent the whole time, I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, my through dry as the Sahara, the lump in my throat big as a rock.

What do I do when I get there? Do I ask to see Tobias Eaton? Is he identified yet? Marcus probably did...

"Tris? We're here. "

this was a sucky chapter, im sorry i took so long to up date. Btw something is up with my wattpad, it says I post something but the next day it's not. 😐But.... Seriously I have no idea where this story is going. I took sooooo long to update, and I still love divergent, I just don't love this story too much anymore. Gods I suck at writing.

What should I do?