A Fairytale

Once upon a time, there was a tall boy called Mattia Polibio. He was on the way to see his Best Friends Y/N Y/L/N when he decided to take a short cut through Bogstaple Woods.

It wasn't long before Mattia got lost. He looked around, but all he could see were trees. Nervously, he felt into his bag for his favourite toy, Piglet, but Piglet was nowhere to be found! Mattia began to panic. He felt sure he had packed Piglet. To make matters worse, he was starting to feel hungry.

Unexpectedly, he saw a purple giraffe dressed in a yellow skirt disappearing into the trees.

"How odd!" thought Mattia.

For the want of anything better to do, he decided to follow the peculiarly dressed giraffe. Perhaps it could tell him the way out of the forest.

Eventually, Mattia reached a clearing. He found himself surrounded by houses made from different sorts of food. There was a house made from pumpkins, a house made from chocolates, a house made from chips and a house made from pancakes.

Mattia could feel his tummy rumbling. Looking at the houses did nothing to ease his hunger.

"Hello!" he called. "Is anybody there?"

Nobody replied.

Mattia looked at the roof on the closest house and wondered if it would be rude to eat somebody else's chimney. Obviously it would be impolite to eat a whole house, but perhaps it would be considered acceptable to nibble the odd fixture or lick the odd fitting, in a time of need.

A cackle broke through the air, giving Mattia a fright. A witch jumped into space in front of the houses. She was carrying a cage. In that cage was Piglet!

"Piglet!" shouted Mattia. He turned to the witch. "That's my toy!"

The witch just shrugged.

"Give Piglet back!" cried Mattia.

"Not on your nelly!" said the witch.

"At least let Piglet out of that cage!"

Before she could reply, three purple giraffes rushed in from a footpath on the other side of the clearing. Mattia recognised the one in the yellow skirt that he'd seen earlier. The witch seemed to recognise him too.

"Hello Big Giraffe," said the witch.

"Good morning." The giraffe noticed Piglet. "Who is this?"

"That's Piglet," explained the witch.

"Ooh! Piglet would look lovely in my house. Give it to me!" demanded the giraffe.

The witch shook her head. "Piglet is staying with me."

"Um... Excuse me..." Mattia interrupted. "Piglet lives with me! And not in a cage!"

Big Giraffe ignored him. "Is there nothing you'll trade?" he asked the witch.

The witch thought for a moment, then said, "I do like to be entertained. I'll release him to anybody who can eat a whole front door."

Big Giraffe looked at the house made from pancakes and said, "No problem, I could eat an entire house made from pancakes if I wanted to."

"That's nothing," said the next giraffe. "I could eat two houses."

"There's no need to show off," said the witch. Just eat one front door and I'll let you have Piglet."

Mattia watched, feeling very worried. He didn't want the witch to give Piglet to Big Giraffe. He didn't think Piglet would like living with a purple giraffe, away from his house and all his other toys.