III

Song: Count on me- Bruno Mars
"To find out what we're made of
when we are called to help our friends in need-
You can count on me like 1,2,3 I'll be there
and I know when I need it I can count on you like 4,3,2 you'll  be there..."

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finn was impatiently shifting from one foot to the other, while Poe tried again and again to contact their friends on the millennium falcon. They had seen how the ship had entered the hanga and so they had tried to contact them to get some information on what was going on. "Come on... just a sign..." Poe mumbled, but no response followed. "They should be back by now." Finn said worriedly. "Have patience. They might still come back."  Rose told him, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Finn, you're shaking...What's wrong?" she asked confused, to what finn turned his head to look at her. "Our friends are all alone up there with nothing more than a few droids and they might be in danger and no one here seems to be bothered by it. That's wrong!" He left the room and no one followed him. They knew Finn well enough to know that he just needed time to think and that he'd just get more upset if you tried to reason with him.

But this time, Finn's determination got the better of him and he decided that if no one was gonna help him, he would go to help Rey and Chewi on his own. He grabbed a few things he thought might be helpful, stuffed them into a backpack and then made his way into the rebell hanga, looking for a ship he would be able to fly. He wasn't nearly as good of a pilot as Poe, but he knew the most important things about flying and spaceships, so he was rather confident in his mission. He chose a small X-Wing and tossed his backpack in, before climbing inside himself. He pressed a few buttons to start the thing and the engine had just started, when fast footsteps approached the Hanga, as well as Poe's voice.

"Finn! What do you think you're doing?! Get out of that thing, do you even know how to fly that?" Poe called out to him once he had entered the room. "I will help our friends up there, whether someone comes with me or not. And yes I can fly this thing... Can't be that hard." He pressed a few more buttons of which he had no idea what they did and Poe shook his head at him. "You're crazy, buddy. You can't fly that thing out there alone-" Finn interrupted him. "Look, I don't care what you say. They might need help. We're her friends and we're supposed to be there for her, so-" but this time Pow interrupted him. "That's exactly how I see things as well, which is why I'm going to come with you as well as BB8, 3P0, R2, Hannah and her people and Rose. But if we want to be successful we need an actual pilot" he pointed at himself. "Me. Not you. So get out of that and help me get that thing ready." Finn followed Poe's pointing finger to one of the bigger ships that was standing in the hanga.
A smile spread across his face. "You really are one hell of a pilot. And one hell of a good friend, Poe!" Finn jumped out of the X-Wing and grinned at his friend. Poe patted his back. "Come on, bud. Let's get this thing going again!" The two of them checked for any damage on the ship and made sure that everything was working properly and started up the engine to test it out. Soon after, the others came into the room and they all got on board of the ship. Poe took his seat as the pilot, while Finn made sure to sit next to him. As they were about to leave, one of the droids that had been watching the ships came running into the Hanga and said: "They are starting up their compressors and engines. I think they're planning on leaving really soon. If you can't follow them in time, try to track them down with this!" She threw them a small tracking device, which Finn caught in his hands with no struggle. "Okay, thank you!" He raised his hand to wave one last time, before he ran back inside to tell Poe to start as soon as possible so that they could still have a chance of following the ships.

They all knew that they couldn't just follow them, but that they had to keep their distance and stay unnoticed. Poe started the engine of their ship and pushed a few buttons, causing it to take off. The few friends in the ship were devastated on finding out what had happened to Rey and Chewbacca, being good friends to them and knowing that they should help them since they were in need, but they weren't at all prepared for what they were gonna find out soon.