III

"Yanna, Have you ever visited General Luna on the island of Siargao?" Elle, as she opened the topic

"No, not yet. I'm frightened about going on a trip by myself." I replied while chewing my food.

"Siargao Island is on our list of places to visit. The word 'surf' immediately springs to me when I hear about that place. And I've heard that the island has a lot to offer other than surfing and magnificent waves." David

"Yes, and I enjoy going on island hopping trips. I'd want to accompany David and you there. I want to travel into the caves there, see the large waves, and see how white the sand is and how clear the water is with my own eyes." Elle, as she showed me the intriguing photographs of the island

Their joy and excitement are visible on their faces. I, too, am delighted to hear from them about Siargao.

"You know a lot more about that island than I do. So? When do you think we'll go?" I remarked this as I pointed to a photo on Elle's iPhone X.

"Isn't it now Thursday? Let's get some swimming gear and get a ticket tomorrow. Let's go on Saturday."

For a long time, I've wanted to visit the island as well. I had planned on going earlier, but I didn't want to go by myself. I'm terrified, not only because I was bashful, but also because I was afraid of getting lost. Nonetheless, I am eager to visit Siargao in order to discover my fate. Char!

"Sir, please excuse me. Your bill is attached." David accepted the bill and grabbed P 8,000 from his wallet

"Change is all yours!" David whispers to the server in hushed tones.

The server was delighted and took a slight smile. He hurriedly pocketed the money, hoping that none of his coworkers would notice.

"Sir, thank you so much!"

I sense myself smiling through its actions. I'd like to meet a dude like him as well. It's fine if he isn't as attractive as he is, as long as he is as sensible.

"Let's go?" David invited us and assisted us in standing one by one, and as we exited the restaurant, I came to a halt and said my goodbye.

"Thank you very much! My day has been quite enjoyable today; I will go first and wait for a taxi."

"No, we'll take you home." David says.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be OK on my own."

"We'd like to make sure you're safe. So, whether you like it or not, we'll drive you to your house." Elle smiled at me as David talked.

"It's perfectly fine."

I was really thinking that they've already purchased me clothes, shoes, and food, and now I'm supposed to ride home with them? That's a little embarrassing, to say the least.

I merely smiled and turned around from them. My slim arm was suddenly tugged by a huge but soft hand as I walked down the highway.

"I said, we will take you home. By that, we don't have to feel any guilty conscience." David insisted while still holding my arm

"You're always hard-headed about getting your way, huh?" Elle

I just scratched my neck as David opened the door to Elle in the front next to him and he opened the back door for me also.

"Please fasten your seatbelt, ladies." He said

Even before the car started, he looked at me in the rear view mirror and smiled,  "Are you okay there?"

"Yes." I answered him awkwardly

He's a gentleman indeed.