VIII

We went back to General Luna to pick up Marco and the things after dropping Elle off at Sayak Airport.

Marco met us and loaded our stuff one by one, asking, "Oh, why did you come back so soon?"

"I sped up the drive so you could get more shots of the Coconut Palm Forest and so the tide wouldn't catch up with us in Magpupungko, where you can't swim if the water is too high." Tito Nante explained

Marco responded, "Oh yes, it's high tide at one o'clock this afternoon."

David suggested, "Let's switch our outfits."

"Yes, go ahead." I answered David then turn my head to Marco, "Since you're done getting dressed Marco, please take care of our belongings, okay?"

"Consider it done, Miss Beautiful." Marco responded

David and I entered the room together, but he let me dress in the restroom. I was dressed normally in shorts and a shirt. David had finished changing when I came out and he is now applying sunscreen to prevent burning the skin.

He offers, "Do you want some?"

"I'm alright, I'm not used to putting things like that," I stated, but I was taken aback when he approached me and rubbed the remaining lotion on my right arm with his hand.

I was frightened and had no idea why I was unable to talk. My mouth did not utter a single letter. As he put the lotion on my skin, I had a strange sensation. My heart was racing, and electricity seemed to be coursing through my veins. What exactly is this?

"You should apply sunscreen to protect your skin against diseases and, of course, to prevent sunburns."

"A-ah yes, o-okay!" I stutter. Tsk! I don't want him to see how I'm feeling at the moment.

ರ╭╮ರ

"Are you two ready now?" Marco asked as he entered the room from outside, "Wow, is that you, Yanna? You're sexier than I expected," Marco said as he walked in.

"As if you've never seen a woman in shorts before? Duh!" I exclaimed.

"I mean, you're exposing your beauty today; your skin is very smooth; don't display it for a long time, okay? It might burn!" Marco stated then David put his sunglasses on and stepped out unexpectedly.

Marco came to a sudden standstill when David abruptly exited, "How did David end up as Elle's boyfriend? He appears to be ignorant, harsh, and very secretive."

I threw a pillow at Marco, "Hey, he might hear and claim we're very judgmental," I remarked

"What now? Not because he thinks he looks very attractive, he can act like that; I'm still more attractive than him; he's simply an American, whereas I'm a mix of Filipino and Spanish races, thus I'm more attractive," he remarked, his face a combination of expressions

"You're worse than a lady when you judge," I joked.

"Come on, Sir David might be bored and reprimand us," he joked, and we both chuckled as we walked downstairs together.

We got to Coconut Palm Forest 20 minutes later and took a picture.

"Here you are, Yanna," Marco says, as he shoots stunning shots of me.

While David stood out to the side, only the location was photographed. "Aren't you fond of taking your shots, the ones featuring your face rather than just the location?" I inquired David.

"It depends," he said hesitantly before returning to the vehicle.

What is this guy's problem? After Elle left, he became extremely strict and odd.

ಠಿ_ಠ

"Marco, come on! I want to try the water of Magpupungko Rock Pools," I said as I let him go and called Marco.

Marco gave me a friendly smile as he stepped into the vehicle. Tito Nante started the engine once more, and I fought the urge to doze off while admiring Siargao's breathtaking scenery.

Tito Nante introduced each magnificent scene one by one during the trip. I snapped a few shots to share on Instagram. While peacefully resting, my attention was drawn to David. He has a strong, attractive, masculine appearance.

"If only I'd known David before Elle did..." I said to myself but,

His two eyes blinked open at the same time. He gave me a cold, unblinking glare. His handsome face is tinged with melancholy, "Stop it, I'm melting," he said abruptly while his emerald eyes locked on me.

My cheeks were flaming, and I was almost enraged by the embarrassment. How could he know I was staring at him when his eyes were closed? Is it possible that he has a third eye? Oh my gosh!

༎ຶ‿༎ຶ