X

After we finished eating, we went to the swimming area one by one. We had to walk to the lower part of the mountain first because it is one of the easiest way for us to get to the rock where you will be positioned to jump. When we arrived, Marco instantly removed his SIARGAO-printed shirt and jumped. Eventually, he persuaded me to join him.

"Come on, ang sarap ng tubig!" he exclaimed.

"David, you are free to go first." I said, trembling

"No, you're the one who gets to go first."

"It's quite terrifying! "

"I'm here. Before I jump, I'll make sure you're safe."

I don't want to feel anything, but whether I admit it or not, I'm gradually growing fond of him. I don't want to insult my friend nor complicate things, so I'll hopefully keep my feelings to myself.

I took a step back and jumped, and slowly lifted by the water. Marco approached me with a laugh.

"You jumped so well!" he exclaimed, and I reciprocated with a high five.

The salty water gushed out as David jumped. He swam quietly, and as he came out from the water, our bodies were so close that I could feel his warm breath.

*DUG DUG DUG DUG*

Dumadagundong na naman ang aking puso.

"MARCO!" A man appeared behind us, calling Marco's name.

"Halber, it's been a long time!" Marco walked up to the man and struck up a conversation with him.

As a result, David and I were able to talk alone once more.

With a faint smile, I began the conversation, "Ang sarap ng tubig."

"Yes, pero mas masarap ka," I simply gazed at him as he responded, "masarap mahalin." he added

It was as if the sea was swallowing me for what he said. It's getting hot, yikes!

"Baliw ka talaga." I spoke and slapped his arm

"Just kidding." He responded, chuckling.

The butterflies in my tummy have hardly been able to get over, they are still flying.

"But did you realize that when we first met in 2019, your attitude shifted?"

I wondered how I had changed. I was probably too shy when we first met with Elle.

"Really? It's because I'm really shy when I meet people for the first time pero kapag malapit na ang loob ko, mas maingay pa ako sa tukong nag-iingay kapag gabi."

"Ang suplada mo kaya."

"Suplada? Are you insane? I was extremely nice to you when we first met, and I still am. Huwag ka ngang ma-issue." I answered and shrugged

"Sinungaling!"

"Hoy, I'm not like that!" I insisted

"I simply asked you the price of the book I was holding, but you didn't even bother to look at me, and your response was even worse."

I was considering something. When have I not been kind to him?

"Wow, you have such a natural ability to create stories. Sure kang ako iyon? Baka namalik-mata ka lang?"

"Yes, I was really thinking na saleslady ka that time. I noticed you standing in front of a bookshelf, and I assumed you were arranging a book. But I was wrong. Kaya para makabawi, binayaran ko na lahat ng pinamili mo."

Suddenly my eyes widened. Was that him?

"Are you certain it was you who did it? Sa tindig palang parang hindi eh."