Prologue

A rickety old wheel creaked in the old dusty warehouse. The room was shrouded in total darkness. A door creaked open, letting a ray of light fall onto the wheel. It glimmered with an unnatural glow. A pair of feet,no two shuffled past and gathered around the wheel. Heavy breathing could be heard,an indication that this was a hard to reach site.

"Is this it?"

"I am certain."

The first one seemed to hesitate. The second one scowled.

"Virgo just get on with it."

"Chill,Aries."

A third figure entered the fray. Her black hair fell to her waist which shone when the sun fell on it.

The man named Aries scowled,"Pisces,we asked you to guard the door,not to interfere."

Virgo sighed,"Fine I will get it. Stop fighting. It's just that..."

"This rickety old wheel does not seem to be a store of knowledge. It would do us well to remember not to judge a book by it's cover."

"Just get it." Aries would have stamped his foot if they hadn't been asked to be top secret.

Virgo grabbed it. The room started shaking.

"What's happening?" Pisces asked.

"Something that wouldn't have happened if you had kept to your job,"Aries snapped,"Let's get out."

The three scrambled out just as the room collapsed.

They watched as the warehouse crumbled to dust in front of them, leaving no sign of ever having existed.

Virgo looked at the wheel in her hands which still glimmered. The others too looked at it. It was a circular object of much breadth,each of the 12 zodiac signs engraved in its rim. Symbols of the signs on the outer part, picture of the constellations in the inner part, pictures of the signs after it and a moon in the centre.

"Now what?" Aries asked.

In the sunlight,their features were more defined. Each wore a mask of their respective zodiac signs. Each wore a black catsuit(or a black suit in Aries's case). Aries had fiery red hair and Virgo had dyed green hair.

Aries's red eyes gleamed with a hidden emotion.

"We open it."

"Here,now?" Virgo's pale lavender orbs swirled with indecision and worry.

"Let's show it to Leo first,"Pisces said determinedly. Her black eyes showed her immense disgust of Aries.

The feeling seemed to be mutual as Aries snapped back,"No one asked for your opinion."

"Agent Pisces is correct. Tame your rage a bit,Agent Aries."

The three of them turned to look at their boss,Leo, the colossal lionlike man.

He continued speaking,"Besides where is the key?"

The others looked confused.

"There was no key." Pisces finally spoke up.

"There wasn't?" Leo narrowed his eyes.

They shook their heads.

Leo pursued his lips.

"We have to find it then."