jun'ichirō tanizaki

―

(name) glared at the long, white sleeves of tanizaki's jumper that covered his hands. the couple were walking home from work, underneath the setting sun, and (name) wanted to hold tanizaki's hand, but his sleeves prevented her from doing so. therefore, (name) now resented his sleeves — the cute, puffy sleeves she once adored on her boyfriend, were now her enemy.

the orange-haired male had noticed her glare, but he didn't know what she was glaring at. he watched curiously as her eyes seemed to follow wherever his hands went. she wasn't mad at him, was she?

"(name), is everything alright?" tanizaki asked worriedly, gently placing his clothed hand on top of her head.

"h-huh? oh, yeah. everything's fine," she grumbled, pouting her lips and crossing her arms across her chest.

"no, it isn't... what's the matter? did i do something to upset you?" the male asked, moving to stand in front of her, placing his hands on her shoulders to halt her movement.

"no, no! you haven't upset me at all... its just that..." (name) mumbled shyly, avoiding eye contact with her lover. "i wanted to hold your hand."

tanizaki blinked. "oh, so that's it, huh? of course, you can hold my hand, (name). just say so next time."

(name) smiled lovingly as tanizaki grinned at her, a light pink blush dusting his cheeks. she hummed happily as the male pulled up his sleeves, revealing his hands before grabbing (name)'s hand gently, interlocking their fingers together.

'eueheuheuh,' (name) laughed evilly to herself. 'take that, sleeves-san. i have won this round.'

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

imagine thinking i wasn't in love with this soft boy