Queen

Kyla's POV.

The next day I awoke to hear the camp bustling with energy.

"The Royal guards are here! The Royals!" I heard someone shout. I jumped up in astonishment and hurried to get changed.

16 years ago all the Royals (Royal Werewolves) died, except for the guards. The battle in the castle had caused so much destruction that there was no more castle, until they had rebuilt it. The queen, king, and baby girl died in the fight, leaving no one to rule the werewolves.

I had heard this story many times since I was a little girl. Me, being adopted, had always dreamt of going to the castle with my whole pack. To get awarded with my pack. But, at age 18 I now know that will never happen. Ever.

"Hello," I heard a calm and low voice say. Royal guard. Holy crap! I bounced all over the place looking for some decent clothes, pulling out simple shorts and a loose tank. Oh well. I slipped them on and pulled a brush through my tangled hair. Attempting to make myself look nice I put my hair into a clean and tight side braid.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the tent. The smell of eggs and bacon wafted into my nose and I could tell I had drool getting ready to slide down my face. I jogged over to see Caleb and Kenny talking about... Guy things. Both of them were cooking and I reached towards their pans, grabbing. Lots of bacon.

"Hey!" I heard Caleb shout after me and I just giggled.

"What's so funny," the same low voice spoke. I turned around with bacon stuffed in my mouth and smiled. Holy shit! The royal Guard just spoke to me. I gave him a slight wave and he rolled his grey eyes.

He had blonde hair and grey eyes. His body was well built and I could tell girls looked at him hungrily. He hid his bitten lip as he looked me up and down carefully, then he roughly grabbed my arm and shouted...

"It's her!"