The Trial (part-2)

As i and emma were heading for the field she saw some players playing and they were just perfect. Their passing dribbling controling and shooting. She got nervous but not for herself bit for me" with those guys giving the trials you have a little chance sam" she said with a shocked face.

" they're the team members and are going to take trials not give trials" i said

She felt relieved "then you may hav chance but they are really very good... That pretty much explains the reason for those trophy in the cabinet in principle's office " she said with a smile.

"yes" i said

She suddenly stopped and started to look at leo closely with an amazed look on her face as she didn't know that leo was in the team "is that leo over there?? "she asks

" yes...he's the captain of the team " i told her with proud

"so that's the reason you play so good " she said laughing

"you can say that "we both laughed

Then she went ahead and joined the girls line and i went to boys line and waited for instructions.

Every one had to give 5 tests

1. 1200m jog

2. 100m sprint

3. Dribbling between the cones

4. Free kick

5. It will be disclosed later coach informed

The times were recorded.

After the 4 tests were over coach summoned everyone and gave us a 5 min break to regain our breath.

I went to bleachers sat there and drank my glucose that i had brought. I drank half bottle and went back to field as time was up.

Coach came and told us what we had to do. One would start from the centre and had to beat ross first one on one then leo and after beating the two has to score against nial who was on the goal. Everyone was nervous now as it would have to someone really good to atleast reach till the last stage that is of one on one with nial as ross and leo are just like puyol and terry to beat and then iker cassillas on the goal in form of Nial.

My turn was next to the last so i had to watch everyone doing drill. Leo once told me that a good player is the one who observes other players and learn from their mistakes and when given a chance to perform do your best. So now i was observing everyone's game and making a note in my mind of what i am nit going to do.

"Sam you are next" coach said

Till now no one had been crossed leo some had crosse ross but leo was their still like a wall.

As i took the ball leo came out and said that he won't face me as I'm his brother so he doesn't want anyone to think that he was partial or something coach agreed and came himself in Leo's place.

Girls trials were over so everyone was seeing my trial now including emma she wished me luck and then the whistle blew.

I started to dribble the Ball and saw ross closing me i just waited till the last moment for him to tackle at the ball and when he did so i dragged the ball back and changed the direction and sprinted with ball towrads coach he was waiting for me to make a move but instead i stopped the ball and slowly dribbled towards him and the instant he lifted his leg i pushed the ball between his legs and went pass him and everyone cheered and then i took a powerful shot at the bottom corner which went into the net and nial had no time to react to it.

As i started to walk out of the field coach stopped me and called leo and said" this guy here just now beat your coach and now i want you to take place and tell him what a real defender is" he went away and asked leo and me to take position.

Whistle blew and i started to move towards ross as i came near him i did a 360 and passed him now i was against leo i stood in front of him i tried stepover and went towards him but he didn't moved an inch and as i moved the ball he toed it out of my control in an open space we both ran for the ball he sprinted real fast and got the ball first but then he passed it to me and said come again as i closed him this time he lift his feet a bit too wide and so i pushed the ball between his legs and went ahead now i was one on one with nial who was approaching and then i dragged the ball side and just chipped it over him and thought it was goal but all of a sudden i saw leo running towrads the ball and kicking the ball for outside just before it crossed the line. I was in shock and stood dumbstruck and then i clapped for him and everybody else followed.

Then i heard coach saying" this is the reason why he is the best defender "

Then coach announced that the team will be declared next weak.

_______________________________________