Chapter 6

February 1, 2015
(Kim's Birthday)

Ail's POV

"Hello" Kim answers, tired as usual.

"Happy Birthday Kim! I miss you." I say.

"Thank you and me too." She pauses

"So what's up with you? We haven't talked since before New Years."

"Well my classes have been great and I'm meeting a bunch of new people."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. What about Emily? Have you seen her? Have you confessed your love?"

"Wow good to know that I have a friend that really cares about my studies." We laugh. "Well we met up like 2 weeks ago."

"Two weeks ago and you're only calling me now!" I chuckle. "Damn bitch." She mumbles but not low enough because I can hear it.

"What?"

"Oh nothing. So continue what's up? What's the 411? What have you been up to?" She says quoting Regina George's mother from Mean Girls.

"Ok 'cool mom' I thought we had a talk about you quoting mean girls."

"Well I'm sorry, but it's not my fault that it's the best movie to ever exist on Earth." She says matter-of-factly "And stop trying to change the subject, I want to hear about you seeing Emily."

"Well we met at this coffee shop called The Blend"

"Yeah and... Continue please."

"Because I had never been there, she ordered for me."

"Aw she ordered for you? that's so sweet."

"Yeah, and it seemed like she got jealous when the waiter was hitting on me."

"Really? Well that's a step in the right direction. Anything else."

"We both apologized to each other about our past."

"Oh nice. Reconciliation is a good thing."

"Yeah well that was pretty much it. She left early to meet her fiancé for lunch." I say bitterly. "I have a bad feeling about that girl."

"Don't worry, I bet she'll dump her for you in no time Al." She say encouragingly.

"Yeah, I hope so." I sigh. "So what's going on with you? What's happening on the west coast."

"I met this guy when I got back from Paris about a month ago."

"Now it's my turn to get mad at you. This happened a month ago!"

"I'm sorry, but at the time we had just met. It was too soon."

"Yeah, whatever. So, go on."

"Well his name is Jason and he's older. He doesn't go to Standford. He's got a job here in California, but his family lives out east. Oh and he's got dirty blonde hair and a really nice body."

"Are you sure you aren't seeing my brother cause you pretty much described him." I say jokingly.

"Haha...um no." She pauses. "I really like him. I know it's only been a month, but we're getting kinda serious. Actually, he's taking me out for dinner tonight, for my birthday." She sounds really happy.

"Sounds nice. Have fun."

"Thanks. Talk to you soon?"

"Yup. Love ya Kim."

"Love ya too Al." She replies and I hang up.

Emily's POV

Tonight, Nat is taking me out and I want to look perfect. I decide that I'm going to wear my black and silver dress with black heels and my metallic clutch. I apply some makeup, the red lipstick making my lips pop with color. I'm all ready to go when Nat knocks on my door.

I open the door ready to greet her with a kiss when I see that the person behind the door is not Nat at all, it's Ali. I'm shocked. "Ali what are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you. I'll just go." She says, about to leave.

"Ali wait. Why are you here?"

"I was just going to ask you of you had plans, but it seems that you're already going somewhere." She says sadly and slumps her shoulders.

No I feel bad, like I did something wrong. "I'm sorry Ali but I'm gonna have to raincheck. I have plans with Nat tonight. Maybe we could go out for lunch tomorrow?"

"Yeah that sounds good. Have fun on your date. I'll see ya tomorrow I guess." She still looks disappointed.

"Yep. Bye Ali."

"Bye." She walks away.

Hmph that was weird. I walk out my door and lock it. It's time to go.

A/N: Sorry for the short update.

You've probably noticed a few changes since my last update. I changed the cover first of all. I added the information chap, and put dates on top of each chapter. Also, I've added some pics to some of the chapters.

The pic on this chap is of Emily's outfit btw.

Please tell me what you think about the changes.

In Emison We Trust

-Christina