Vacation, Start!

Messages were sent, replies were received, plans were hashed out and solidified. Despite the short notice, you were pleased to see everything coming together in your favour. The idea had been simple, and everything was falling into place: people were free, carpools were arranged, and now you just had to wait.

Currently you were sitting upside down on the couch, feet over the back and head hanging to the floor. You had a pencil balanced on your lip, and were humming along with your favourite musical soundtrack. You'd been trying, unsuccessfully, to put pen to paper and write something of your own. Problem was, you had no idea what to write. The company wanted you to move in a more "soul baring direction" to "bring out the emotional weight" in your vocals. AKA romantic fluff or angst. But you simply didn't have anything to say on that subject, not anything that hadn't already been said. So here you were, wasting time.

You glanced at the clock, struggling for a second to read it upside down. "Shit!" In a flurry of paper and flailing limbs, you launched yourself upright, an act you immediately regretted when your vision when south and intense dizziness clotted your brain. You leaned on the couch for support as your legs turned to jelly, and cursed the only side effect from your brilliant writing strategy. When your vision cleared and balance returned, you scrambled to collect the papers scattered across the cushions and floor, making a messy pile which you rushed to chuck in your room.

By the time you stumbled down the stairs, you could hear the crunch of gravel on the driveway, and threw open the door with excited abandon. "Hi guys!" You waved frantically at the approaching caravan of cars. Er, car singular, for the moment. "You made it!"

Leading the charge was a shiny red convertible with Papyrus hanging over the door, returning your frantic wave. Undyne was standing on the back seat, Alphys anchoring her to the car and looking rather concerned as Papyrus slammed on the brakes, nearly knocking Undyne over the windshield. But she braced a hand on Papyrus' head, causing him to let out a loud "Nyeh!" of protest. The last passenger was Sans, whose slipper was poking over the dash, though the majority of him was hidden. You knew the rest were in separate cars, but didn't get a chance to see how far behind they were before you were swept into a crushing, fish scented hug.

"NGAAHHH! Did you honestly DOUBT us?"

"Ack! Hey! No noogies!" You whined, batting at her hand and trying to unsuccessfully fend her off.

"I SHALL SAVE YOU HUMAN!" Papyrus gallantly, and gently, wrestled you from Undyne and into his own brand of boney, crushing hugs. You laughed, returning the hug gratefully. "SPLENDED TO SEE YOU AGAIN, HUMAN! I HAVE MISSED YOU! THANK YOU FOR INVITING US TO YOUR WONDERFUL WOOD HOUSE!"

"I missed you too, Papyrus! How was the drive?"

"EXCELLENT! ER, WELL, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT, IF NOT FOR SANS' INCESSANT PUNS!"

"hey, I thought they were pretty high-bough." Sans snickered, pulling himself up to peer over the dash.

"NYEH!"

"Really?" You tried and failed to muffle your giggle. "Are you sure you're not bark-ing up the wrong tree?"

Sans snorted, his grin stretching as he made eye contact with you. "so little faith, or can you not be­-leaf your ears?"

"Until I hear it, I wood-n't say I do."

"NO." Papyrus interjected.

"looks like we'll just have to get to the root of the problem." Sans continued, undeterred.

"Might be a little rocky," you sputtered, desperately trying to stifle a laugh.

"well, nothing we can do but dig in!" You lost it, as did Sans, and the two of you dissolved in laughter.