The Cabin Day 2

Author's Note:

Hope y'all are staying safe and healthy out there. Sorry this chapter took me so long to write, but it fought me every step of the way. I literally wrote 5 different versions before coming up with something I liked, so here it is. Enjoy!

The next morning you woke at a casual 8am. A little early, but you felt well rested and didn't really want to spend the next few hours pointlessly trying to sleep. You figured the loud and sudden wake call yesterday messed with your sleep schedule a bit. So, you decided you may as well get an early start to the day. You weren't the first one up, however, as you could hear Undyne and Papyrus chatting downstairs.

It didn't take you long to go through your morning routine, managing to sneak into the washroom without having to fight anyone for it. Once you finished your business there you trotted downstairs, following the sounds of movement to the living room.

"GOOD MORNING, (Y/N)!" Papyrus greeted, sitting on the floor in the middle of a stretch. Undyne was on the floor too, mimicking his pose. They had one leg stretched out straight, the other bent with a foot against the thigh. Bent over at the waist, both had their hands wrapped around their distant foot, 'noses' touching their knees.

"Morning Papyrus, morning Undyne. What cha' doing?" You said.

"Warming up for a run." Undyne answered, switching legs.

"OUR MUSCLES MUST BE LIMBERED UP IF THEY ARE TO KEEP UP WITH OUR INTENSE WORK OUT REGIME." Papyrus nodded.

"Papyrus, you don't have muscles." You said.

"SEMANTICS! IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS."

"Fair enough." With a shrug, you plopped down beside Papyrus and stretched, mimicking their position. You weren't able to get your face quite as close to your knee before you felt the pull, but you were able to get both hands on your foot. Staying in shape and flexible was a must for your job, so yoga was rather familiar.

"Think you can keep up with us, punk?" Undyne challenged, shifting positions. She stuck both legs out in a V, bending again at the waist so she was folded in half with her forearms on the floor. Papyrus easily copied her. You smiled and shifted as well, once again not able to get quite as deep into the pose but still getting a good stretch.

"Honestly? Probably not, but can I join you guys anyway?"

"WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU ALONG, BUT MAKE SURE TO TAKE BREAKS IF YOU NEED TOO!" Papyrus said.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want your squishy human body to break!" You were pretty sure she didn't mean that at as insult, so you chose not to take it as one. In comparison, you really were just a squishy human. Papyrus was made of bone, but you'd see how fast he could move and the strength in his limbs. He'd have to be strong, if he was keeping up with Undyne. She was all sinewy muscle, but not in a showy body builder way—her muscles were meant for use.

"I'll be sure to pace myself." You smiled. You were actually excited—you normally did yoga on your own, and anything more serious was done under the supervision of personal trainers and dance instructors. You were sure working out with these two would be a blast.

"EXCELLENT! THEN LET'S GO." Papyrus suddenly leapt to his feet, none of those pesky muscles to watch out for, and made a bee-line for the glass door. He was basically flat out sprinting, and didn't show any sign of slowing down despite the door being closed.

"Watch the glass!" You squeaked, bracing for the inevitable crash as he went through. At the last second, he skidded to a halt, pulled open the door, and jumped through. You let out a little woosh of air, relieved he wasn't hurt, and finished getting up to follow.