31

if you say these boys aren't talented
think again
because this proves you wrong
-

"Jess wake up." Luke shook my shoulder. I jumped and looked around. Once I realized we were on to bus I calmed down and stretched.

"You have a thing for sleeping don't you." Calum laughed from beside me. I was still sitting on the couch in my pajamas (sweats and a swimming T shirt). Whatever, I was tired.

"If you didn't you'd be dead." I shot back, running a hand through my hair. I pulled it up into a bumpy pony tail I hoped looked okay and sank back down into the couch.

All the boys laughed in unison. Even I smiled a little bit. Luke took my hand and I didn't fight it, though I didn't really know if I was fully okay with it. I just breathed out and let it go.

"Were here!" Dave shouted from the front of the bus. I jumped. Already? If been asleep that long? What was I going to wear?

"You guys didn't wake me up!" I screeched and ran to the foot of my bed, digging around for an outfit. I pulled out some light skinny jeans and pulled them on after slipping off my sweatpants. I pulled out a nice short sleeve top in gray that had lace on the side. I threw on a tank top and pulled it on over. I grabbed my black winter coat from North Face and slipped on my combat boots.

I re did my hair, it being a mess, into a twisty bun and got ready to go. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my back pocket. The boys shuffled through the hallway and I followed close behind, still scared of the paparazzi.

When we hopped out my ears were blocked out by millions of girls screaming in all directions. There were young girls about the age of seven or eight with their parents and teenagers who were old enough to drive themselves here. Signs bobbed around in the huge masses like they were floating on air. I smiled and waved to them. Cameras flashed and reporters kept yelling questions at me and the fear of the reporters from Nandos came flooding back. I could feel my breathing getting quicker and quicker by the minute.

Dave rushed us into the door for backstage and the screaming abruptly stopped as the doors closed. I felt myself sigh in relief. I turned to the boys.

"They really love you guys." I smiled at them and they nodded.

"That makes the both of us." Ashton smiled and peeked out the window one last time too look at them. He did a little wave and suddenly we were all being dragged away backstage. I looked around the room. It was huge.

"Oh boys!" A woman's voice called from next to four mirrors. I turned to look at her. She looked like she was in her late twenties early thirties, but she was still beautiful. Her blondish white hair had very subtle light purple highlights peeking out at some angles. Her hair was shoved into a beanie messily yet it still looked amazing. Her makeup was done to perfection. She was dressed in a simple black sweater and light washed skinny jeans. She wore black high heels which suited her perfectly.

"Who's ready to get their hair done?" She said with a devious grin spread across her face.

As I came closer she looked at me with wide eyes that smiled down on me. "Who's the lucky girl?" She asked the boys. I blushed.

"Lou, this is Jess. Jess, this is Lou Teasdale." Luke introduced us. I reached out for her hand and she shook it and smiled at me.

"I love your hair! Oh I can see it now. Would you give me the pleasure of letting me do your hair?" She pleaded, looking at it like she was analyzing every inch of my red locks.

"Um, sure?" I said more of a question as she whisked me away into a seat.

"I think you're forgetting about the people who are actually going out on stage in a little while!" Calum said from behind me.

"Oh hush. It will only take a minute." She brushed him off and turned me away from the mirror so I couldn't see. I could feel her fingers flying through my hair.

When she twisted me around a few moments later, my hair was perfectly straight.

"I call it the waterfall twist into the mermaid braid." She smiled proudly, fanning my hair out around my shoulders. My small portions of my hair were braided into two small braids at the top of my head, both coming all the way back to meet. They were then braided into one, but a few pieces hung loose, cascading down my head to be braided into the single braid at the bottom. Hard to imagine I'm guessing, but let's just go with it was beautiful.

"Wow. It's amazing Lou." I smile as she winks at me.

"Couldn't have done it without you obviously." She said, then bustling away to do the boys hair.

"That looks great." Luke smiled from the mirror next to me. I smiled back.

"Lou is pretty amazing isn't she." I spun in my chair to get a full view, but careful not to mess it up.

"Not as amazing as you." He said and the boys let out a series of 'oooohs' and Lou started at us all blushy like.

"Luke." I warned. All he did was laugh.

-

Idek
but enjoy the chapter