Chapter 17

I stared at the tiny country pub before us. 

"It's so cute!" I exclaimed.                                                                                                                                       "It's not much, but this is where my dad took mum on their first date, soooo..."  Lenny trailed off awkwardly. "Even cuter!" I replied as we walked inside.  

We sat down at a wooden two-seater table and ordered Hawaiian parmas, being parma night at the pub. We chatted politely as we ate, exchanging jokes along the way. After dinner, Lenny forced me onto the crowded dance floor as we joined the group dance.

At one point, Lenny and I swapped parters and began dancing with strangers. I smiled as I saw a little girl of about 10 being twirled around by Lenny, as a not-too-bad-looking guy took my hand and we swayed to the music.

A minute into the dance with the stranger, I noticed how his hand on my back got lower and he began dancing us toward a large closet. In one swift movement, he pushed me into the closet, following quickly. Almost immediately, he enveloped my mouth in his as I tried, but failed to push myself away. He grabbed my ass as he tried to pull me closer, and expertly unclasped my bra with one hand, my dress thankfully still on. 

Him distracted, I took the opportunity to sharply knee him in the balls, and I slapped him hard across the face as he doubled over from the pain in his balls.

I rushed out of the closet and pelted across the dance floor towards Lenny, who was goofily dancing with the little girl. I nearly bowled over the girl as I jumped into Lenny's arms and whispered urgently: "Please. Can we just go home?" 

Lenny looked at me with obvious concern, by quickly walked me out of the pub nonetheless