Puppy Love!

My best friend Emily and I were out shopping for the day, just a regular girls day out... or at least that is what I thought when I left the house today.

We had been shopping for a while now when we walked past the pet store.

"Aww look at the puppy. Brooklynn, can we please look in the pet store." Emily begged.

"Em, there is no need to beg, you know I can't resist looking in the pet store when I get the chance." As soon as I said that we both ran inside. Emily was running through the whole store and I was following until I ran into someone.

I fell to the floor and slowly started to look up starting at the strangers feet. My green eyes travelled up the strangers body until I reach the face. The face that was so familiar, with his perfect, brown eyes, luscious, pink lips and soft, black hair styled into a quiff. This was no stranger to me, this was Zayn Malik.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was walking." he said nervously, holding out his hand to help me up. I took his wrist and he held mine as he helped me up, this made me wince. 

"No, it wasn't your fault, I was running through the shop and I shouldn't have been." I told him. But Zayn didn't seem to pay attention to that, he still had a confused expression written across his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you ok, you winced when I helped you up?" I was shocked by his question. I didn't want him to know the truth about my past.  

"Umm, I... Don't worry about it, I really should find my friend." I said nervously biting my lip and playing with my long, light brown hair. Ok, so I tried to change the subject, Zayn Malik probably didn't want to know about my past.

I started to walk away but Zayn grabbed my wrist again, this time too hard making me cry out in pain. 

"I am so sorry... are you alright, I didn't mean to hurt you?!" he whispered frantically. "What is your name by the way?"

"My name is Brooklynn, and it's ok, I'm fine." I smile a fake smile in the hope that he might drop it.

He didn't say anything but stepped closer so we were only inches apart. His delicate hand touched my tanned cheek as his brown eyes stared deeply into my green ones once more. "That is a beautiful name." as he said that a nervous giggle escaped my mouth... where did that come from?

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Do you want to go out for lunch or something?" he asked.

"I can't." I said solemnly.

"Why not?" he quizzed.

"Well firstly, my friend Emily is somewhere around here and I can't just leave-" I started until I was interupted by him.

"Then what about dinner?"

"Ummm, I-I guess so." just then Emily found us.

"Oh My Gosh, Brooklynn, is that Zayn Malik from One Direction?!" she yelled

"Erm, yeah. Hi, it is really nice to meet you Emily." he said politely.

She giggled, "Brooklynn, he knows my name." her statement made Zayn and I laugh.

It was time for us to leave to we said goodbye to Zayn and after giving him my number we left. We weren't even out of the store when I recieved a text:

Zayn:

Hey gorgeous, I'll pick you up at seven for our date xx

Me:

Ok, can't wait

Emily and I fangirled until we returned home. I decided to start getting ready for my dinner with Zayn and at 7pm exactly there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Emily yelled racing herself downstairs.

I followed her downstairs and was met by Zayn, looking handsome as always. He was wearing his trademark varsity jacket, a white t-shirt and some jeans.

"Hey babe, you look beautiful." he said with his jaw dropped.

He took my hand and lead me to a car, the car took us to an elegant restaurant. When we entered the resaurant we weren't led to the main dining area but to a balcony that looked out over London. An amazing setup of candles and food setup in front of us. 

"Zayn, this is perfect." 

"Just like you." he said leading me to the table, his eyes never leaving my face.

We spoke all night and then he asked the dreaded question I had no interest in answering. "Please Brooklynn, tell me how I hurt in the pet store?"

"Fine, I used to be bullied in school and it was really bad. I had no one to talk to so I began to cut," tears filled my eyes as I relived the horrible memories, "When you held my wrist today you held it too tight and it hurt." My eyes had not left the table until I finished talking and I was surprised to see tears falling down Zayn's cheek.

"Brooklynn I am so sorry you had to go through that alone. If I was there with you I would have protected you." he said as he stood up and embraced me in a tight, safe hug.

"Thank you." I said burrying my face into his chest.

"Brooklynn?" With the mention of my name I looked up and was taken by surprise as Zayn's soft lips lightly pressed against mine. "I love you"

"I love you too Zayn." I said kissing him again.

-------------

I hope this is what you wanted, I love writing Zayn one shots.

I hope you like it!! :)

xoxo 

S