Chapter 3 Blood of the Fallen

I awake to the sounds of complete chaos, something that brings me joy. Not fear, but instead the feeling of happiness. I open my eyes, as i make my way towards the door there is a knock. I open the door to be greeted by a smiling man named Gus, he looks at me and says "We need the help of the eight best assassin's also Silus wants to see you in his office, he won't tell me why but he asked me to inform you, so I did." I nod then walk out of the room then rush to Silus's office, He is sitting in his desk chair facing away from the door. He turns around with his hands folded and says "I have both great and bad news, great for me, but bad for you." I frown unsure of what he is to say. He then looks me in the eyes and says "If this battle against the Matriarch is successful i will retire, but you will take my place." My mouth drops as I stare at him "Oh no, that ain't gonna happen, I love going out on missions!" he shakes his head then says "You also like getting caught. The main reason to why we have this battle right now is because you like to get thrown in jail then break out for almost no reason...." I interrupt him and say, "I have a reason, and its because each time I fight my abilities improve, and when i improve my rank does as well, how am i to do that when I am the boss?" Silus shrugs then says "Not my problem, its yours, but only if we win the battle." He then spins back around and says "And don't even try to give up your role as boss, unless it is justified and or temporary."

I leave the office and am approached by one of the lower ranked assassins "Gladion, we need you at the training grounds immediately." I sigh and make my way their when I arrive I see three of the highest ranking assassins in a struggle against one guy. As I get close Cole Rasonic the highest ranking of all of them says "Oh thank god hes here." i walk over confused as to whats going on the when i get close a blade is put to my neck and my eyes trigger. within a second I have the hidden attacker on the ground with my blade in his back pinning him. "What the hell is going on?" I ask confused, Cole breaks away then says "Hey, Gladion... any chance you could use those eyes to predict their movements and inform us of them?" I nod then say "Yes but why should I, even if I do by the time I say it you will be hit, so you being way higher ranking than I why should I let myself be in danger because i'm paying attention to your fight not my surroundings?" he sighs then says "Hes faster than us, with your hunters abilities even speed doesnt matter cause you can dodge his attacks, your eyes aren't super evolved but they are enough to the point in which you can dodge most attacks. So either try to help us or take him on yourself." I think about it then say "No, because i'm about to be boss anyways... whats the point Silus said if we win He will retire and make me boss and I for one don't want to be stuck in a room writing paper work because that is boring."

Cole starts to get enraged then calms down and says "How about a compromise? If we win and you become boss then we will handle the paperwork and you can do what you want, sound fair enough?" i start to act as if im weighing my options then i hear Travis Griffon say "Can you both stop screwing around and help? If this keeps up it will be pointless and we will all die, you wont have freedom and we wont have our lives. So.." I interrupt him and say "Ok, deal ill do it." I bend down and look at the man trapped under my blade then I smile and summon my dagger "Your time has come my dead friend!" I say as I stab the blade into his skull. I then say "Alright Speedy its you and I now, so back off of them and face me."  The man shrugs and says "Fine but when you die its on you." He kicks a body to the side and walks towards me and says, "I will make your death fast and painless." he runs at me as fast as he can the goes to stab me in the gut. My eyes activate and i dodge his attack then instantly stab him in the leg with my normal dagger.

The man gets suprised and says, "Ok, so speed isn't gonna work for you huh?" his eyes start to glow red and his skin goes pitch black like a shadow, he glares at me and says "Say hello to the demon i hide within myself, call me Shadow Lord." a blade appears and it looks like its made of pure shadow, he grins at me and i Summon both my hunters blades and say with enjoyment "This is gonna be a fun time!" he vanishes and kicks me in the stomach reappearing before he hits me, he vanishes again and i take a punch directly to the nose. he reappears and says "Want me to start using the blade?" I nod and as he vanishes I jump straight up and as he appears in order to deal the finishing blow, I activate my eyes and counter with both my blades, he manages to block them barely making him bleed, but still alive, we knock each other back and then he is back on his feet and ready for round two.

He doesn't vanish this time instead he makes a copy of himself, one will hurt me the other will only trick me, now its up to luck to determine what goes on, or at least that how it would be, but i have a feeling that may get me killed or may save me if i'm correct. they dash at me and then as they go to attack me they both go through and as i thought he appears in front of me and swings his blade. I attempt to dodge but considering my standings i just block it, and as i do they all fade and the real one appears, He dashes at me and stabs my in the back he pulls the blade out and my artifact heals me, i'm just lucky he didn't hit my spine, my artifact would be no match for healing my severed spine. Being the fact he didn't hit my spine was a relief but didn't mean i was safe, it just meant i survived off luck. I have a feeling in my gut that when he appears i need to take my chance. He appears in front of me with his blade raised high to finally kill me then, my eyes activate and I block his attack then strike back with the same force from both my blades.

He goes flying backwards telling me if i didn't block id have been dead, then when he gets up he spits us blood and says, "Okay, that's it, i'm sick of your stupidity!" he then throws his blade at me and it vanishes before it hits me, then in his hands i see two large dagger versions of the shadow blade from before. He then says "If you can't beat them Join them!" He vanishes and appears my eyes only predict one of his attacks and i dodge one but take a dagger to the shoulder, my arm goes limp and my artifact struggles to heal it, he then says "These daggers are cursed any attack wont heal by anything supernatural, you will either die, lose the arm or have to have a human doctor heal it!" he then says "If i land a hit on your other shoulder your done!" he vanishes i kick away his first attack and he stabs me with in my other shoulder, the only thing he didn't count on was me using the length of his blades against him, while he is still near me I headbutt him then slam my shoulder into his neck and his own blade slices it wide open. 

We both drop to the ground his life fades from his eyes, and Cole and Travis quickly pull the daggers from my shoulders as i cough up blood and say while looking at my shoulders "Hey guys, I highly doubt i'm going to pull through through this one..." I laugh and cough up more blood then the third assassin Grant Remi looks at me closely knows i'm going to die soon if they don't do anything then says "Um, guys we really need to you know.... We need to get him to a doctor no..." my vision starts to fade and my eyes start to close. I feel like i'm thrown over someones back and all I see is darkness, I see myself as a baby, I had no cares about anything. I then see myself when I was 5, the only care i had was for the curiosity of my strangely colored eye I see myself first summoning my hunters blade, oh how proud I was, I see myself being trained as a swordsman, I hated how long it was taking. I see myself begging to be trained as an assassin as well. I see the look of my brother as he died. Now I see the cycle start again, until I see lights and wake up in a room with three people who are glad to see my eyes open.